Safe (Part 2 to Taken) - Jason Todd x Reader

Prompt: OMG I'm begging plz do a part two for taken it was great!! (requested by anon)

"Don't you dare fucking die [Y/N]." Jason whispered pressing a kiss on the inside of your wrist. "I need you." He whispered, his eyes never leaving your unconscious form. It had been a few days since you were abducted by the Joker. He almost killed you and Jason was sure that if he hadn't found you sooner, he would have.

You were still in pretty bad shape. They took you straight to the Batcave and hooked you up to the multitude of medical equipment that would keep you alive until Dr. Thompkins could make her way across town.

Jason never left your side while Dr. Thompkins worked to save your life. He couldn't bear the thought of never being able to see you again and he didn't want to leave your side until he wasabsolutely sure he would get to hold you in his arms again.

Dr. Thompkins kept you sedated for a few days after Jason had brought you home to keep you more comfortable while your more serious injuries began to heal. You injuries were very extensive but you were almost in the clear. That didn't stop Jason from worrying about you though.

Jason brushed hair away from your eyes and leaned over to press a kiss against your temple. You sighed and smiled weakly at his touch as you started to come to.

"Why hello there, handsome." You murmured, your voice cracking in the strain. You lapsed into a fit of coughs as your lungs struggled to expand due to your internal injuries. Jason fretted over you until your coughing fit ending and you collapsed back down onto the bed. "Ow." said in a drastic understatement. Every part of your body hurt.

"Just relax, [Y/N]." Jason instructed carefully stroking your hair. "You're safe now." He reassured you.

"Did you kill him?" You asked

"No." He frowned. "As much as I would have reveled in it, I promised I wouldn't didn't I?"

"It may be the blood loss talking but I don't recall you ever promising anything." You pointed out. Jason took hold of your hand and squeezed it gently.

"Well I had other things on my mind. My top priority was keeping you alive." Jason said.

"Are you going to go after him?" You asked weakly running your fingers through Jason's hair. He shook his head and climbed into the bed with you, careful not to jostle you too much. You cuddled against his warmth and let your head rest on his chest. He wrapped his arms around your shoulders and kissed your forehead.

"You're insane if you think I'm going to leave your side ever again." Jason said holding you closer.

"I mean, you can't be with me all the time, Jay." You point out looking up to meet his soft gaze.

"Doesn't mean I won't try." He challenged. "I almost lost you [Y/N], and for a while there I thought you were going to die in my arms all bloody and battered. That was going to be my last memories of you. Not how much we loved each other or the time we had food fight and made a completemess of the entire apartment or the way you looked in my arms after we've made love. No, my last images of you would have been what he did to you and how much I hated myself for not being able to save you." Jason confessed.

"I never want to put you through that hell again, [Y/N]. I will spend everyday of the rest of our lives protecting you and making sure you feel safe." He promised looking into your eyes with passionate determination.

"You make me feel safe, Jason." You insisted tightening your hold around him and placing a soft kiss to his chest where your head was resting. "And that's enough for me."