Chapter 7: Moriarty

Sherlock opens the door that leads into an indoor pool. The lights were on but there's nobody visible in the area. He walks slowly towards the shallow end of the pool, he stops at the edge of the pool and turns trying to see up into the viewing gallery. He turns towards the pool again, raising one hand, holding up the memory stick.

"Brought you a little getting to know you present. Oh, that's what it's all been for, hasn't it? All your little puzzles; making me dance--all to distract me from this." He said loudly as he gestures to the memory stick, then he turns in a slow circle while he waits for a response.

A door opens halfway down the room. He looks over his shoulder, as he had his back turn, still holding the stick. You walk through the door and into the pool area, wrapped snugly in a hooded jacket with your hands tucked into the pockets. You turn and look at Sherlock, who stares back at you in absolute shock.

"Evening." You said.
Sherlock's hand begins to lower but he doesn't move still staring over his should in utter disbelief. "This is a turn-up, isn't it, Sherlock?" You asked.

"(Y/N). What the hell...?" He asked softly and in shock.
"Bet you never saw this coming." You said as Sherlock manages to move and starts to walk slowly towards the woman he had believed to be his friend, and possible love, until now.

Then, with a look of despair which matches Sherlock's, you take your hands from the pockets and pulled open the jacket to reveal the bomb strapped to your chest.

Somewhere up in the upper gallery, a sniper's laser immediately begins to dance around over the bomb.

"What...would you like me...to make her say...next?" You said, shakily, repeating the words said to you though the earpiece in your ears.

Sherlock continues towards you but now he is looking everywhere but at you as he tries to see who else is here. "Gottle o' geer...gottle o' geer...gottle o' geer." You said as your voice breaks on the last phrase.

"Stop it." Sherlock growled.

"Nice touch, this: the pool where little Carl died. I stopped him. I can stop (Y/N) (L/N) too. Stop her heart." You said trying not to cringe as you hear the words.
"Who are you?" Sherlock asked, while looking at all directions.

Then a door opens at the far end of the pool and a voice speaks out. "I gave you my number. I thought you might call." The voice said, plaintively. Sherlock turns around towards the new arrival.

It's Jim, Molly's boyfriend, only this time this is a different Jim than the one back at the lab.
He is a sharply dressed man with immaculate hair and a murderous look on his face. With his hands in his pockets, he begins to stroll alongside the deep end of the pool, heading towards you and Sherlock.

"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?" Jim asked. Sherlock reaches down his trouser pocket, raises it and aims it towards Jim.

"Both." He replied.

"Jim Moriarty. Hi!" Jim said as Sherlock tilts his head as he looks more closely at the man.
"Jim? Jim from the Hospital? Oh. Did I really make such a fleeting impression? But then, I suppose, that was rather the point." Jim said as he continues to walk alongside the pool.

He turns to face Sherlock just as the sniper's laser flickers over your upper chest. Sherlock turns his head towards you, a questioning look on his face.
"Don't be silly. Someone else is holding the rifle. I don't like getting my hands dirty. I've given you a glimpse, Sherlock, just a teensy glimpse of what I've got going on out there in the big bad world. I'm a specialist, you see...like you!" Jim said as he reaches the corner of the pool and stops.