Ghost

~ Chapter 5 ~

* 2 days earlier *

*Jack's P.O.V*

  We had just came back from yet another delivery. We were now filing down the hallways of the headquarters to go back to our little ant colonies that they call 'rooms'. 

This has got to be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. For many reasons, actually. For starters, I had to play a mindless delivery guy for God knows how long. The division I'm in has got to be by far the most boring division of assassins to have ever lived. I mean they were all trained just like the rest but all they had to do was collect orders and move supplies and weaponry and trust me, It's suuuuuch a draaaaaaag. 

I'd rather just slice my way through a dozen throats to get out of here if it wasn't for the fact that I was outnumbered by 1:2 fucking thousand trained assassins. If I'd just flinched in cue these guys would probably sniff me out. Scrambled brains or not. 

And then there was, of course, Angel. 

The more time I spend here, the more I can't help but wonder if she's moved on and replaced me already.

I mean if she had I'm sure I could just dispose of him easily but I'd have lost her forever..

Had she found a guy who would care for her and make her feel safe?

Did she find a boring ass accountant, who makes the only worry she could ever have is if his secretary flirts with him too much?

But..She does deserve someone with a less...actively hectic..life than mine...

Nonsense,

She's mine. She should be grateful I gave her a break, rather than going shopping for the next psychopath! 

Soon enough, I'll get out of this hell hole and I'll have her back in my arms. 

As we robotically filed further down the hallway, something to my left caught my eye. The director's office was empty and the door was left creaked. Curiosity then got the best of me. I stalked slowly before I fell behind in line and then slowly slipped into his office.

I looked around and then decided to try and figure out what they were really up to. I moved over to his desk and flipped through the folders he had laying around. Useless, they were all statistics for the weaponry they bought. If anything I know about these numbers more than anyone, I'm the one who freaking carried all of that crap here in the first place! 

I tried to pull on the drawers but it was useless, he'd locked them all. Smart bastard. I continued to rummage around for the keys until I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. I didn't fully panic until I'd heard Alec's voice nearing the room. I looked around and there was no where to hide, no where to escape. I mentally cussed at my circumstances before I pushed the book shelf to my left, slid behind it, and pulled it back against my body.

Now, I know what you're thinking, this is the worst hiding place of all history but it was better than just sitting in his guest chair and waiting for him in plain sight. I reckoned he wouldn't really take it too well if I were to greet him upon his entry.

The foot steps echoed louder as he came further down the hallway, towards his office. The closer they got the more it made me realise that it wasn't just Alec. There was someone else with him. The  other voice was yapping on about something but the words were still muffled by the distance. I further adjusted my position before I heard the light switch on and the door close.