Chapter 3

As soon as Jace and Isabelle had walked through Pandemonium's doors; the attention was sole-fully on them. Usually Jace didn't mind all of the female attention but tonight it just pissed him off even more. He and Isabelle went straight to the bar and Jace, knowing the bartender, scored some free drinks. Jace had only just started his drink by the time Isabelle had finished hers.
"God I needed that. Get us another will you, I'm just nipping to the bathroom." Isabelle said dancing her way through the crowd. Jace ordered her another drink and not a second after she was gone; her spot was already taken.
"Hi." A slim, blonde, non-shadowhunter said. Jace turned towards her and he was amazed by her beauty.
"Hey and what's your name?" Jace spoke back taking another sip of his drink.
"Parker, what's yours?" She replied.
"What an...unusual name for a girl. Sorry, my name's Jace. Can I get you drink?"
"Sure." Parker said fluttering her eyelashes. Jace noticed her blush and a smile appeared on his face.

Isabelle made her way back from the bathroom and she couldn't quite believe just how long the queue was. She got to the bar and she couldn't see Jace anywhere. She scanned the room and saw him dancing with a blonde. 'Shit! How could I have let him dance with another girl! If only he knew Clary was somewhat alive!' Isabelle thought cursing. She found the bartender and he gave her the drink she ordered. She sipped it looking over at Jace and the blonde that was in his arms. Her focus then returned to the bar. Out the corner of her eye, she saw a red head. Clary! Was the only thought running through her head. But before she shouted her name, she double checked. Red hair, short, good fashion sense, not paying any attention to anyone or anything, and no one seemed to be paying attention to her either. Isabelle, certain it was Clary, made her way over to her.
"Clary?" Isabelle said sitting down next to her. Clary turned and was so shocked that her drink fell out her hand. No one else noticed this apart from Isabelle.
"Isabelle? What, what are you doing here?" Clary said standing up.
"I could ask you the same question! I thought you weren't coming back yet, and why is it I can only see you?"
"Like I told you in your dreams, I'm a ghost and only the people I want to see me can see me. You're the only person in this room Izzy that can see me." Clary explained.
"Oh right, yeah I remember now. I can't believe you're here though, how long did it take you to get here?" Isabelle replied enthusiastically.
"Errmm...Izzy?"
"Yeah..?"
"I'm a ghost. I can travel between worlds and planets in seconds; that's how I got here so fast." Clary laughed and Isabelle couldn't believe it.
"Well yeah that does sound about right. Aww Clary, I can't believe you're here." Isabelle said standing up hugging her. Clary pulled away and Isabelle didn't know quite what to say.
"Where's Jace?" Clary asked looking around.
"Clary, he's here but-" Clary interrupted her.
"But what Isabelle?" And just as she finished her sentence, she saw Jace and a dirty blonde making out like their lives depended on it. Clary's fists clenched and Isabelle put her hands on her shoulders trying to calm her down.
"Clary come outside with me now. I'm not letting you break down in here even if everyone else can't see you. And can I just ask, how are people not seeing me talking to you?" Isabelle said. She took her hands off Clary's shoulders and she grabbed her hands pulling her through the crowd; being careful not to pass Jace and Parker.
"Because I made you invisible, yeah new talent. And get me out of here now!" Clary shouted. They made their way through the crowd and no one noticed them which was good because Clary was yelling and shouting in anger. However, her yelling and shouting may have affected the invisibility that was covering Isabelle.

Jace was, for the first time today, happy. Parker was beautiful and such a good kisser. As they both pulled away for air, Parker smiled at him but as he looked over towards the emergency exit, he swore he saw Isabelle rushing out of the club. Demon, he thought.
"Wait right here, I'll be back in a minute." Jace said kissing the top of Parker's head. She shrugged and pouted but motioned for him to go. He made his way through the crowd and when he pushed the door open, all he saw was Isabelle shouting to the air. There was nothing there.