Chapter 9

Elena P.O.V.

I awoke to the feeling of hay, that's strange. Why on earth would I be sleeping on hay? Just the the events of yesterday came back. I groaned and rolled over falling off the 'bed' with an audible oof. The noise seemed to awaken Caroline.

"Ugh, what time is it, it's too early to get up," Caroline pouted. Bonnie heard her and looked at her with an annoyed expression.

"Seriously, we are stuck in the tenth century and you care about being awoken to early!?" Bonnie cried out. Caroline rolled over to face Bonnie and stuck out her tongue.

Well, this day couldn't start any better. "Will you both stop acting like children! We have more problems to deal with other than your arguing. Like, oh, I don't know. What are we going to wear! It's not like we can walk around in our old clothes," I exclaimed. They both seemed to realize that their clothing wouldn't fit in. I suggested that we talk to Ayanna and they agreed.

When we walked out of our room we saw three different pairs of dresses. We figured Ayanna must've set them out for us. We all grabbed one: Bonnie, got the green; Caroline, took the blue; and that left me with the purple. After we helped each other string up the corsets, we braided our hair like how we saw the other women wear it.

We looked over each other making sure everything seemed right. "Wow," Caroline said, "we actually look like we belong here." Bonnie and I agreed with her. Not a second later we heard a knock at the door. Since Ayanna wasn't here, Bonnie answered it. Standing outside the door stood Kol. He greeted us then looked around, "Where's Ayanna?" We all shrugged, "She was gone when we woke up," I said. He nodded then motioned us to follow him. When we walked out we noticed that everything seemed more lively than yesterday.

There were people playing strange instruments, others dancing to the music, and a very large group were yelling at something that was blocked from out view. Caroline raised her eyebrows, "What is that?" She motioned to the group of people yelling.

Kol looked and said, "That is the ring. There is no entertainment here like you guys have. The closest thing to entertainment is watching people fight in the ring which is going on right now. Also, the reason why Ayanna told Elijah to practice his skills is because he usually went into the ring durning the carnival. We will be going there after we meet up with Nik to watch 'lijah." We were all surprised to learn the Elijah fought a lot. He seemed more of the type to strike a deal before striking a blow.

"The strangest thing is, is that every time Eli seems to come out uninjured," Klaus said after coming out of no where. Now the we had light to look at him you can see a purple-blue on his chin, his eye seemed swollen, and there was a dark green mark on his arm. Usually, we wouldn't worry about Klaus, but seeing the 'Big Bad Hybrid' beat up it does make you feel worried that of he can get hurt that much...how bad can we? He then continued, " We should get going, his match should start any minute."

We walked over to the group and were met by Rebekah. "Nik, Kol! Hurry up. His match is about to start." Where she was at you had a perfect view of the ring. She then seemed to noticed Caroline, Bonnie, and I. "Who are you," she asked.

"My name is Elena, this is Caroline and Bonnie. We are new to the village and your brothers are nice enough to show us around." I realized how that sounded after I said it. Thinking I was going to here a snarky comment, I was surprised that she welcomed us. I guess a thousand years can do a lot to change a person.

The match began, first we saw his opponent. His name was Kaspar, he was a very large man, with broad shoulders, and he seemed to be very cocky. Finally, we saw Elijah. As strange as it was to see him without a suit and tie, this was shocking. All over he had scars of all kinds, when he turned around you could see four big claw marks across his back. It seemed as if he was attacked by an animal of some sort.

Just then a noise sounded, alerting the competitors that they can begin. Kaspar threw the first punch, hitting Elijah straight in the jaw. The threw a few more blows at each other, then Kaspar out him into a headlock. Elijah, flipped Kaspar over and pinned him. He had won a battle, but not the war.