Blue Cotton (Ch. 4)

I wasn't even planning to go to Valerie Lynn's party, but Tate acted like he wanted me to be there. So, I decided that I would go. Maybe something good would come out of it. I mean, parties aren't even my thing. The thought of blasting music, annoying drunk people, and nasty sluts made my brain go blank.

When I arrived home I unlocked the door, hung my bag on the hook, and went to the kitchen to find my mom at the dining table with her glasses on the edge of her nose looking at the laptop screen.

"Hey momma." I smiled

" Hi baby girl." She said with an exhausted look on her face and she took the glasses off of her face and shut the laptop.

"What do you want for dinner tonight Hun?" She said the tiredness showing In her voice. I paused... How do I put this?..

"Don't even worry about it ma. I'm going to a party tonight... With Tate." I said giving her a smirk. She looked up in awe. She jumped up and ran to hug me. After a long hug she pulled away and grasped my hands.

"I'm so proud of you, Luna." She grinned. I smiled and began talking to her about how Tate and I talked.

Later that night I pulled open my closet doors to find everything imaginable. I wasn't picky with my clothing. I pulled out a black, high waisted Brandy Melville skirt, a burgundy floral bralette top, and my burgundy converse. I curled my hair and put on a heavy coat of mascara.

I trotted down the stairs with my phone in hand, to my mother. When I went to talk to my mother my phone vibrated. I unlocked the screen and looked at the message.

"Hey cutie. Are you still coming to the party tonight?(; ~Tate~"

I smiled wide and texted back with my hands shaking and heart pounding.

"Of course(:"

I looked up from my phone to see my mother staring at me just a few feet away.

"You... Look... Amazing!" She cried happily. I spun in a circle to show her every inch and angle of my outfit. She handed me the keys and winked.

"Have a great time Hunny."

I arrived at the party and could feel the bass of the music from a quarter of a mile away. The party was crowded, the smell of alcohol wafted in to my nostrils. And I couldn't see Tate. I pulled my phone out of my bra and pulled up the messages to Tate.

"Hey Tate.. Where are you?" I texted. I looked up and began walking around the party, pushing through people. I could smell beer practically on everyone's breath. No one cared of how hard they were pushing and shoving.

Someone's shoulder slammed in to me, shoving me to the ground. He turned around and held out his hand. I looked up to see Tate with an apologetic look on his face. I grasped his hand and he pulled me up with no hassle. Gosh, he's so muscular... And sexy in his blue cotton Hollister v-neck shirt, skinny jeans, and black Converse. His hair was ruffled but every strand fell perfectly in place.

"Ugh, Luna. I'm soooo sorry." He said with a slight frown.

"It's no problem, Tate." I said dusting myself off with a smile. He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd to a table. On the table was pretty much every alcoholic drink imaginable.

"Do you drink?" He shyly grinned. I looked at him, unsure of what to say.

"Sometimes." I muttered. He grabbed a cup and mixed a few drinks quickly. He took a sip and handed it to me. He gave me a look as if to say "try it" giving a nod to the drink. I took a small drink. And smiled at him.

"This is really freaking good." I said into his ear. He smiled grasping my hand and looming our fingers together. The butterflies went crazy in my stomach and we were just beginning.