Chapter 3

Alphas were the worst kind to have as your mate.

Here are things I know about Alphas from reading on my guilty pleasure website called Wattpad:

1) They had high tempers.

Like, who can deal with that? No thanks.

2) They were over possessive.

Sorry, I need my space. A lot of it. And total turn off too.

3) They thought they were higher than the Luna.

No one is my boss but me.

4) Controlling

Again, no.

And not only that, but my own ex-Alpha was a wreck himself. The only thing the Luna was expected to do was bear him pups. She also never really did anything. She just helped the women and children. Kind of a boring life, if you asked me. I want to travel the world. Experience life outside of my pack.

I really wish my best friend Julia was here, so she could laugh at my predicament. Her laugh alone would cheer me up.

Bo had left me alone to be by the garden myself because I told him I needed time, and he obeyed me.

Technically speaking, I'm a Luna.

Technically speaking, I'm also so screwed. I need to leave.

A lightbulb flashed.

Exactly. I needed to leave. I couldn't carry my baggage to my mate.

Besides, he wouldn't miss me.

Impossible.

That pissed me off. I stand up and glance at the mansion, and look at the direction of where the driveway began. They totally won't notice me. All I had to do was sneak out...

I start walking towards where the huge driveway started and made my way out of the gates that were still open. I really couldn't believe my luck, but then again security here might have just really sucked. I saw no one at the mansion except Meg, Bo and my mate.

My luck was running until a man was standing in front of me from a few feet.

This guy had brown hair in a buzz cut and he was definitely over six feet tall, his arms crossed facing my direction. Power was also just oozing off of him. If I didn't know any better, I would say he would be an Alpha.

"Where are you going?" he asks me, using his height to intimidate me. It didn't. Okay, it kind of did but that was only because I was jittery from having some wolves wanting to kill me.

"Oh, this isn't the way to the house?" I ask sweetly. Hopefully he would just go away somewhere.

"You're supposed to be in the house." His face was stern.

Ugh it's already starting. The controlling. "Well I'm not," I state the obvious. "Who are you?"

"I'm Cole," he nods. "It's nice to meet you, Meredith."

"Who?" I ask, confused. Then remember the fake name I gave them. "I mean, who are you in the pack."

Nice save, Ava.

"You can say I'm..........the Beta, in a way" I was already turned around, hoping he'd leave but he didn't. "I can show you the way to the house." I didn't even care what he meant about almost being a Beta and the weird pause. Like he didn't know who he was.

"Actually, I think I'll just stick around here. I don't feel like going in," I say.

"I can wait with you," Cole says. The almost Beta needed to chill out.