Chapter 31

Emily POV

I woke up to an empty bed. I got up and looked at the time. 10:36.

I'm late! Like really late!

I ran downstairs to find Evan sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Evan! We missed half of the school day! Why didn't you wake me!?!" I screamed.

"You are in no condition to go to school today." He just said and focused back on the tv. I scowled at him. I walked over a sat next to him. He put his arm around me and I snuggled into his chests.

"You know I loved that song you sang last night." He whispered into my ear. I laughed a little. "I also didn't know you played guitar."

"Yeah I learned piano and guitar when I was little." I explained. All of a sudden he stood up and picked me up over his shoulder. I squealed out.

"Evan! What are you doing!?!" I yelled. He started waking up the stairs. He walked to my room and walked in. He sat me down and then he sat on my bed.

"Play for me." He said.

"Why Evan." I asked.

"Cause I love when you sing." He said back to me. I sighed. I went to my closet and pulled out my guitar from its hiding spot.

If only he knew how much this guitar means to me.

I came over and sat next to him on the bed. I tuned it a little bit and then started singing.

It started with a picture,
Those messages you sent to me.
You're like the perfect mixture
Of Megan Fox and Katy P.

It's such a sick obsession,
And now you've got the best of me.
I've got the worst intentions,
So call me over and set me free.

I can give you what you want.

It's taking me over.
I don't wanna play this game no more.
All you gotta do is tell me right now,
You want me right now, come on.
Give me the green light.
We could have all night
If you just say the word.
Tell me it's alright.
Give me the green light.

You got me where you want me,
I'm hanging on your every word.
It's such a twisted story,
How you got me,
Now you got me.

So let me give you what you need.

It's taking me over.
I don't wanna play this game no more.
All you gotta do is tell me right now,
You want me right now, come on.
Give me the green light.
We could have all night
If you just say the word.
Tell me it's alright.
Give me the green light.

So let me give you what you need.

It's taking me over.
I don't wanna play this game no more.
All you gotta do is tell me right now,
You want me right now, come on.
Give me the green light.
We could have all night
If you just say the word.
Tell me it's alright.
Give me the green light.

I finished playing and memories of my mom and brother teaching me guitar.

"You can do it Em Em!" Andrew said happily.

"Good job!" My mother said after I learned my first song.

Before I knew it the guitar was pulled away and arms wrapped around me. Evan pulled my sobbing body on his lap while I cried into his chest.

"That was my mom's favorite song to have me sing to. It was just so happy, unlike the world that was around us." I said while sobbing. "That guitar was my mom's and my brothers before mine."

He just held me tighter.

I knew that this was going to be a hard week. The start of school and tomorrow being Andrew's birthday.

Evan just held me on his lap. He held me tight letting me cry on his chest. After what felt like a while I stopped crying and wiped my eyes. I looked at Evan and he smiled at me.

"Sorry. I'm just making you sit here. You should have to deal with me crying." I said to him. I got up and wiped my eyes. He stood up and grabbed my hands from my face.

"You are worth it. Never feel like you can't cry with me." He just said. I just hugged him. We pulled away and I gave him a sad smile. He gave me an evil smile. He picked me up and threw me in the bed. Then he started to tickle me.

I laughed hysterically trying to get him off me. I shoved him really hard the last time and he fell back into the ground. He looked up in shock.

"Never doubt my strength." I just said to him. All of a sudden he grabbed my legs and pulled me off the bed onto him. I ended up straddling him.

"You know....I like this position." Evan said smiling. I tried to get up but he held me to him.

I leaded in and kissed him. His grip loosened and he kissed me back. All of a sudden I pulled back and rolled off of him. I quickly stood up and ran out of the room. I ran downstairs with Evan chasing me. I ran through the living room and all of a sudden I was lifted off the ground.

Evan threw me over his shoulder. I laughed while he walked me back upstairs. He sat me down on the bed and laid next to me. He put his arms around me and I snuggled into his chest.

"Evan...do you ever miss Lillian?" I asked. He tensed up.

"All the time. She was such a happy girl when she was little. Once she turned 13 she started not talking to us. Once she turned 14 she would go to school, and come back and go to her room. One night my mother went to go check on her." He stopped. A tear rolled down his face. I wiped it away with my finger.

"You don't have to finish." I said. I just held him for a few minutes. He then just looked up at me into my eyes.

"I just miss her so much Em. When I figured out what happened with you...I was so scared that I would loose you too." Evan said.

"I miss my family too, but we have each other to talk to." I said.

We were just the two broken people at this moment.

Maybe we could fix each other.