Chapter 39

Emily POV

We took Kira back to our house and inside. It was around 5:30 so I took her upstairs to get some different clothes on. I gave her a pair of shirt and a shirt. I tied them back so they were not so big.

"So Kira. Do you know you address?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why?" She said.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go to your house and get some of your clothes and things." I said. Her face brightened. She nodded.

"Ok let's go over now." I said picking her up. I walked downstairs with her and Evan was sitting in the living room.

"Hey. I'm going to take her over to her house so she can get her things." I said to him. He agreed and I walked out to the car. I buckled her into her car seat that the hospital gave to us.

She then directed me to her house.

This girl is really smart.

I helped her out and up to the doorstep.

"There is a key under the welcome mat." She said. I picked up the mat and found a little silver key. I pushed open the door.

The house was small, but cozy. We walked in and Kira directed me to her room. I walked into a pink room. I grabbed a backpack and a suitcase. I helped her pack up get clothes and toys. We got everything packed up and the room looked bare.

"Wait!" She exclaimed. Wrote we could walk out the door. She ran back in and I followed. She grabbed and picture.

"Bye bye sissy." She said and hugged the picture. She sat it back down and walked over to me.

"Who is that a picture of?" I asked.

"My sister. She doesn't live here anymore. She doesn't like me and my mommy." Kira explained. I nodded and started to the door.

I saw Kira walking with a little teddy bear out to the car. I put her things into the back of Evan's car and buckled her in. We started driving back to my house.

"What is you favorite color Kira?" I asked.

"Purple." She said excitedly.

"What's your favorite animal?" I asked her.

"Pandas!" She exclaimed. I laughed a little bit. We got back home and I helped her out and inside. We walked inside and I showed her to the living room. I sat down on the couch and she sat right next to me. I got a blanket and pulled it over us.

I turned on Dinsey and she watched it for a while. Around 9 she fell asleep. I brushed her hair out of her face. Evan then walked in a smile when he looked at us. I carefully stood up and picked her up. I walked her up to the room right next to mine. I kicked open the door and walked in.

I sat her down in the bed and tucked her in. I walked back out and over to Evan's room.

I knocked and he yelled to come in. I walked in and he was laying on the bed. I walked over to him and laid next to him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled my body to his.

"Thank you." I said quietly.

"For what?" He questioned.

"Being you. Kira. Helping me. Just thank you." I said. He smiled. He snuggled his face into my neck.

"Evan. You wouldn't keep anything from me right?" I asked. He tensed up.

"You want to know who Maria is right?" He said looking up at me. I nodded. He sighed.

"Maria was one of mine and Logan's friends. She was a lot like you. She was like a sister to me. She helped me a lot when Lillian died. Before I knew it she was dating Logan. This came as a surprise for me. After that her mother threw her out because she didn't approve of Logan. Soon after Logan broke her heart and we never heard from her again. I tried calling her, but she never answered." He explained.

"Why are you not mad at Logan for that?" I asked.

"I was, but after a while you learn to forgive."

"Okay." I snuggled back into his chest. And soon I fell asleep.
                           ********
I woke up to someone screaming and crying. I shot up and ran to Kira's room. I ran in and she was having a nightmare. I quickly shook her awake. Tears were streaming down her.

"It's okay. I'm right here." I whispered. After a few minutes she calmed down.

"Are you okay." I asked. She shook her head.

"Can you sing for me? Mommy would always sing if I had a nightmare." She asked. I nodded.

"What song?"

"My mommy always like newer bands. She would sing me songs that most people know." She said. I nodded and ran quickly to my room to get my guitar. I came back in and she smiled. I tucked her and I strummed a few things on my guitar.

Going out tonight
Changes into something red
Her mother doesn't like that kind of dress
Everything she never had she's showing off

Driving too fast
Moon is breaking through her hair
She said it was something that she won't forget
Having no regrets is all that she really wants

We're only getting older baby
And I've been thinking about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?
Everything that you've ever dreamed of
Disappearing when you wake up
But there's nothing to be afraid of
Even when the night changes
It will never change me and you

Chasing it tonight,
Doubts are running 'round her head
He's waiting, hides behind a cigarette
Heart is beating loud, she doesn't want it to stop

Moving too fast
Moon is lighting up her skin
She's falling, doesn't even know it yet
Having no regrets is all that she really wants

We're only getting older baby
And I've been thinking about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?
Everything that you've ever dreamed of
Disappearing when you wake up
But there's nothing to be afraid of
Even when the night changes
It will never change me and you

Going out tonight
Changes into something red
Her mother doesn't like that kind of dress
Reminds her of a missing piece of innocence she lost

We're only getting older baby
And I've been thinking about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?
Everything that you've ever dreamed of
Disappearing when you wake up
But there's nothing to be afraid of
Even when the night changes
It will never change, baby
It will never change me and you

I finished my song and Kira was fast asleep. I kissed her forehead. I sat the guitar down and went back to Evan's room. He was there looking worried.

"Is she okay?" He asked. I nodded. I then went and laid back down next to him.

A sleep took me away a few minutes after.