ix. the one where peter comes out

❛ love letters to the dead ❜

love letters to the dead

❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑

oliver looked at peter when the brunette boy pulled away. he didn't know what to think. it was like somebody had tipped him to the side and shaken all the words out of his brain. so he sat there, mouth half agape and lips still tingling from the kiss. "i― uhm. you― what?" was all oliver managed to get out as peter began to fiddle with the hoodie of his suit. "i've spent these past two weeks thinking about a lot of things. about you. about me. about how much i care for you. there were a lot of things that i was scared to admit to myself and i needed time to sort all that out. and i think i have— for the most part anyway. there are still some things that i need to come to terms with, like that fact that mr stark may never take me back or that you'll hate me forever because of what i just did but at least i did it yanno? and i'm glad i did" peter took a deep breath in and looked at oli, whose mouth was still hanging open. "please say something oli." the blonde closed his mouth and took a deep breath in, closing his eyes as he did so.

"so you uhm― so you like me?" oli asked and peter couldn't help but laugh. "yes oli. i do like you. i like you a lot. and i'm sorry that i put you through so much pain and i'm sorry that it took so long for me to figure it out i was just―" "―scared" oliver finished for peter, a soft smile tugging at the corners of his lips. he was happy. happy that peter had come to terms with whatever was happening in his head. happy that he was okay. but most importantly, he was happy that he was here. he watched as peter let go of the strings of his hoodie and wiped his palms on his thighs. "can i— uhm, can i kiss you again?" oli asked and peter's face broke into a massive grin. he nodded and oliver leaned in, their lips meeting again, with peter still smiling like a maniac.

oliver and peter walked he halls hand in hand. oliver finally felt okay. like everything was back to normal. except of course, everything was different. peter and oliver were dating. gwen and flash were moving further in their relationship. harry and mj were, well they were something. after harry had gone home with oli, liz hadn't spoken to him for the rest of the night and mj had stayed with him through it. they were talking to each other now, liz and harry, at the end of the hallway. liz was crying and peter squeezed oliver's hand. he knew that she was leaving because of her dad, who was in jail because of peter, and the only person who knew that was oli. they watched as liz walked away from harry. whose head fell forward in defeat. peter and oli walked forward, peter placing his free hand on harry's shoulder. the dark haired boy looked up at his best friends and smiled softly.

"hey guys. how are— oh." harry was looking at the boys intertwined fingers, the ghost of a smile tugging at his lips. "we're good" oli said, grinning. peter chuckled and shook his head at his boyfriend. the three boys stood there for a moment, comfortable silence surrounding them. "guys!" the three boys turned to see gwen walking towards them, her pink hair swinging at her shoulders as she tugged on flash's arm. oli waved at her and she gave him a giant grin. "what was the news that you wanted to tell me?" she asked the blonde and peter raised their joined hands, still smiling like his face was stuck that way. gwen squealed, letting go her boyfriend and jumping at the two boys. she wrapped an arm around each of their necks and squeezed them. "ohmygod finally! peter i thought i was going to have to torture you to make you figure it out!" flash laughed behind her and the group of friends turned to him. "what? she's right?" he said and the group began to laugh with him. it was weird. laughing with flash wasn't something that oliver would've seen himself doing three days ago, but here he was.

"so you're uhm—" flash was flustered as he spoke, doing everything he could to not look at peter. "i'm bi" peter said and flash nodded, looking at gwen to avoid peter's eyes. "cool. okay. cool." it was gwen's turn to laugh. she stood on her toes and pressed a kiss to the boys cheek, causing him to blush even more. "we should get to class" she said and they all nodded, moving down the hall in silence. oli felt good. he hadn't felt good in so long and he'd almost forgot what it was like. he turned to peter as the brunette boy let go of his hand to open the door to his science class. "i'll see you at lunch" he said and pressed a soft kiss to oli's lips. it was fleeting, but oli spent the first two periods of his day thinking about it. he'd never felt this happy and he didn't think he'd get over it anytime soon.

oliver could tell that peter was relieved when they got back to his house. the brunette boy had been slammed with questions left right and centre all day and oli could tell that it was exhausting him. the pair tossed their backpacks onto the kitchen counter of peter's small apartment. oliver sighed as he fell onto the couch while peter called out to see if aunt may was home. when there was no response the brunette boy leaned over oliver and placed a heavy kiss on the boys lips. oliver giggled, causing peter to pull away. "what's so funny?" he asked and oliver shook his head, still giggling. " i don't know. we're in your living room. making out. i've only ever done this with you in my dreams and it's kinda funny?" peter smirked at his boyfriend before swinging his legs over the blonde boys waist. he was careful not to rest his full weight on oliver as he leaned over the boy again, resting his forehead against his boyfriends. "you've dreamed about this huh?"

oliver was shocked by the cockiness that peter was emitting. he'd never really seen this side of the boy before and he was rendered speechless as the boy above continued to tease him. "c'mon oli. what did the dream involve hmm?" oliver couldn't even think of a sentence let alone speak one aloud. he opened his mouth and then closed it, repeating the motion a couple more times before peter just laughed and kissed him. "you're a dork" he said and oliver blushed, looking away from peter's eyes, only to lock onto those of none other than tony stark. "am i interrupting something?" the older man said and peter jumped of oliver, falling over the coffee table in the process. "mt stark! i didn't hear you knock?" peter was pretty much shouting at tony. his face was bright red and oliver watched as he jumped from foot to foot. he looked like a five year old who'd just been caught with their hand in a cookie jar.

"that's because i didn't" tony stark said, smirking at oliver as he moved towards the couch. oliver only just noticed that he had a paper bag in his hand. "i'm gonna get a car to pick you up later, i have something to show you at the new base up north and we obviously have a lot to talk about too." tony's eyes flicked towards oliver again and the blonde looked up at his boyfriend as tony started to speak again. "any way. this belongs to you. i'll see you later." he placed the paper bag on the coffee table and then winked at oliver as he left, causing the boy to scoff. peter opened his mouth to say something but tony was already shutting the apartment door behind him. "what's in the bag then?" oliver asked, sitting up on the couch and shuffling to the edge of the seat.

peter reached for the bag, piccking it up and pulling it open. a huge smile spread across his face as he looked inside and oli stood up. "what? what is it?" peter held the bag open for his boyfriend to see into it and when oliver did, his eyes found the spider-man suit that tony had confiscated. peter let out a short laugh and looked up at his boyfriend. oliver couldn't stop smiling.

❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑

author's note!
holy fuck i am so SORRY this took so long to update. i've been working a lot lately and i just haven't had any inspiration to write. i'll try get the next chapter out soon as it is the last one. i'm sorry this is sop shit too. sending love, h x