ii. the one with the fight

❝ dreaming of wonderlands, walking in wastelands ❞

dreaming of wonderlands, walking in wastelands

❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑

it had been a few days since oli's most recent visit to the parker household and there was still no news on the whereabouts of his best friend. he had made progress on the conversation front with the boy. he was now actually reading oli's texts. just reading them, not responding or anything but at least oli had some sort of indication that his best friends was alive at least. oli and gwen were walking through the the main hall of school, which was weirdly less crowded than it normally was. "i wonder where everyone is" gwen said, tugging her long pink hair into a ponytail. she'd dyed it last break and loved it so much that she just kept doing it every time it almost faded out. peter would always warn her about the chemicals that hair dye had in it and the permanent damage that they could do to your hair. but peter wasn't here at the moment. "maybe half the school decided to ditch" he replied, pulling open his locker and stuffing his textbooks onto the top shelf.

"i think mj and harry are out by the quad" gwen said and oli nodded, sliding his books for his next class into his back pack before swinging it over his shoulder and following gwen to the back doors. "do you reckon there's something going on between them?" she asked, grabbing oliver's hand and swinging their arms in between their bodies. "between harry and mj? of course there is. they've both been harbouring huge crushes on each other since eighth grade" oli said, causing gwen to let out a soft chuckle. "you're right" she said and pushed the door open to reveal a crowd of people standing beside the large oak tree in the middle of the quad. "fight, fight, fight." were the only words that were being heard from the crowd. oliver let go of gwen's hand and he ran towards the crowd of people to try and see what was going on and he caught sight of a familiar blonde boy, towing over someone on the ground.

most of the time it was peter and oliver felt a wave of hope go through him as he tried to push through the crowd. maybe it was peter and he'd come to see oliver but got stuck in the middle of a fight between flash and a small, geeky kid. again. when oliver got to the front he saw the person on the floor, was in fact, not peter. but an unfamiliar boy with glasses and shaggy red hair. "get up runt" flash said and kicked at the boys legs. oliver suddenly felt like he needed to step in. which was what peter usually did, and that never ended well. he felt a hand on his shoulder and he turned to see mj standing behind him. "don't do it" she whispered. but oliver shrugged of her hand off and pulled his backpack off of his shoulder, dropping it on the ground. he was suddenly in the middle of the circle, standing behind the red headed boy. flash grabbed the boys shirt and hurled him to his feet.

"put him down flash" oliver said, looking at the bully dead in the eye. even though he probably had never felt more afraid in his life. flash smirked at oliver. "standing it as hero while your nerd buddy's gone are you fields?" oliver clenched his fists. "i said put him down." flash shrugged, "whatever you say" he said and dropped the boy. he braced himself by putting his hands out but his lower body landed with a loud thump on the concrete. the redhead gathered up his backpack and shoved his books inside before quickly fleeing the scene. oliver heard someone scream his name and a "watch out." he turned to flash, only to see the bully's fist flying right at oliver's head. the smaller boy dropped to the ground, his head slamming onto the pavement. he groaned and rolled onto his side before he felt a sharp pain go through his gut. oliver squeezed his eyes shut and pushed his legs out, hitting something. there was a thud behind him and when he opened his eyes, flash was getting off the ground with a pissed look on his face. oliver was bracing himself for another kick to the stomach but someone stood in front of him.

"flash. hey, look at me" gwen said as oliver started to get up. "hey. walk away. breathe and just walk away." her hand was on flash's chest and he turned slightly. oliver sidled up to gwen as flash turned away completely. "thanks for that" he said to his friend and looked at the back of the bullies head. "he's just a dumb idiot i shouldn't have stepped in." oliver was about to turn and walk away with gwen when someone grabbed his shoulder and spun him around. all he saw was flash and then a searing pain went through the right side of his jaw. "jesus flash!" oliver heard gwen shout as his vision faded in and out of black and the real world. he saw mary-jane standing above him and a familiar voice calling in the distance. "what the hell happened?" it was peter's voice. but peter wasn't here. "tried to play hero" mj said and oliver looked to his left to see his brown-eyed best friend leaning over him. then all of a sudden his vision went black.

❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑❑

author's note!
the loml rudy pankow plays flash
so there's a face to put to a name.