Chapter 1: the dream

Chapter one: the dream

"I was running through a thick, luscious green forest. For what was I running from? I hadn't a slightest clue. All I knew was that it was evil, a dark entity. I swiveled my head, left to right. Nothing was there. I faced forward again and there a man was standing. I skidded to a stop. This man was about 6"7 with raven black hair and eyes as crimson as blood.

"W-who are you?" I asked quietly.

He chuckled darkly," you will find out in time."

what does he mean? I tried to figure it out, I couldn't. I looked up to meet his gaze. he was smiling darkly at me, His canines extending.

I gasped as he leapt at me, like a predator on pray. he sunk his teeth deep in my neck. The pain was to overwhelming. First, it started in my neck, slowly coursing it's way through my body. I let out a blood curtling scream. He dropped me to the pine covered floor.

" I will see you soon, Chaos."

:::::::::::::::::::::;::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I woke up gasping for air. I looked around my room, to see if there was any danger. I was clear, I looked down at my mom who was silently sleeping.

"Psssst, mum." I said shaking her shoulders.

No answer.

"Psssst MUM!!!" I said again, shaking her shoulders harder.

Still no answer.

This couldn't be...... my mother the woman who raised me could not be dead. A tear slid down

My cheek

"PLEASE MOTHER WAKE UP!!!!" I yelled.

I checked her pulse,

Nothing. sobs started wracking my body.

"MOTHER PLEASE!!!!!!PLEASE WAKE UP!!!!!!"

I wrapped her in a hug, knowing its the last time I'll ever get to hug my mother.

Someone started banging on the door, I ignored them. They kept pounding, louder this time.

"This is Dustin Monroe. Open up!!"

I sulked to the door, still crying while opening it. I looked up to see Dustin, my Master's

Bodyguard looking slightly panicked/questioning.

"She's dead! my mothers dead!" I sobbed.

He gave me a sympathetic look." you poor child! Come here!" he opened his arms wide, which I gladly ran into. Dustin has always been like an uncle to me. He took care of me when I was younger when my mom was working, being a slave and all she got worked to death.

I should probably explain. the world has been taken over by richer werewolves and vampires. While the humans, low-ranked werewolves, and pathetic vampires are all the slaves.

My mother was a slave for Roberto Iglesias. We were the only werewolves that worked for him.

My mom looked exactly like me, but had warm hazel eyes instead of electric blue, like mine. My mother says I got my eyes from my dad. Roberto bread my mother with another vampires werewolf slave.

Dustin took me to Roberto's office. "Come in" he yelled. we walked in and Dustin put his arm around

My shoulders.

"Ah! Dustin and Chaos, what are you doing together?" he questioned seeing Dustin's arm around my shoulders. Roberto noticed I had been crying.

"My child, come to me! why have you been crying?" I ran to him and he grasped me in his arms in a tight fatherly hug. I couldn't stop crying enough to tell him.

" Shhhhh, it's ok my little Chaos. please tell me why you are crying? oh and Dustin you may leave."

Dustin bowed respectfully and walked out of the room.

"Now, my child, will you tell me?"

I nodded, wiping my tears away," my mothers dead." I said barely above a whisper. the smile on Roberto's face dropped.

" What?! that cannot be child! do you know what this means?!" he asked panicked. I sniffles and shook my head. He let out a sad sigh.

" The Royal Court's guards wi be here soon to take you to the slave auctions." my breath hitched. This cannot be I've been here all my life?!

'But you knew this day was coming.' My wolf whispered in my head.

'Yes I know, Jilo.'

Roberto squeezed my shoulders then held me at arms length." They shall be here tomorrow to pick you up." he said quietly," you are dismissed.

I trudged up to my room and looked at the bed. My mothers cold dead body was gone. I had to hold in the sobs. Jilo was whimpering.

We comforted each other while I packed what little belongings I had into a back pack.

I took a quick shower lathering my body with kiwi-lime body soap and doing the same with my hair. After I climbed out of the shower I put my night shorts and spaghetti strap pjs on.

I looked at the bed and decided I couldn't sleep there anymore I looked around the room one more time and walked out.

I knocked on their door and heard a faint' coming'. The door opened to reveal a half asleep Dustin. Shirtless. I have to admit Dustin was really cute and well built for 34. I cleared my throat.

"Can I stay in here with you tonight?" I didn't even recognize my voice it was so hoarse from crying.

He smiled" of course you can!" He opened the door wider to let me in. He got in bed first and patted the spot next to him. I layed down and snuggled I to him.

"Hey Dustin?" I mumbled half asleep.

"Hmm?" was all he returned.

"I'm leaving tomorrow." I heard him say something like ' the hell you are!' but I couldn't understand because I was already drifting off to sleep.