The Eventful

Her talk with Elizabeth was well-timed. As Hisato grew and grew, she grew more and more realized. The odd woman was right. He was so much like his father than she originally saw. Despite her own features noticeable along with it, he reminded her so much of Makoto...

With the thought of the woman's theory on her son and late lover being similar entities on her mind, it had her wondering. Was this really the truth? Would he one day, grow to look like his father's twin? She didn't really know what exactly this meant. Heck, it probably means a lot of things. From what she remembered from this whole Persona thing, it wasn't the easiest to understand. Even as a former Persona user, she had only the faintest of ideas as to why certain things happened back then.

All she could think of was she couldn't keep from him for long... Not if the world needed him one day...

...

October 21st, 2024

Evening

Takeba Residence

...

Hisato's 14th birthday was a splendid one. The Iori's came over to celebrate, along with seven year-old Neoma, a now close friend of his. He was the happiest he had been all day around his close family, familiar smiles and laughter being a fond thing to Yukari. When the guests left, she put into motion her big decision.

Hisato sat at the kitchen table, cleaning up the remainder of the party. Yukari watched him until the dishwasher was running and the kitchen was just as if a birthday never took place. Before he left the room, she spoke.

"Hisato?"

The young teen turned to his mother, perked up and attentive. "Yes, mother?"

"Sit down for a moment, sweetie," She motioned towards the kitchen table. As he took his seat, she took hers next to his. Putting her hands together, she let out a sigh.

"I think it's time I told you, Hisato..." She spoke in a soft tone, gazing at her hands. He was already all ears, waiting. His persistent gaze didn't help ease her nerves. She wet her lips with her tongue and cleared her throat.

"It all started when your father was six years old," Beginning at a time she never experienced herself, she spoke slow. "On a night in the beginning of December, his parents were killed in a fiery car crash..."

She told it all. From Death by the name of Ryoji being sealed inside his father by his godmother, to the day that his father gave his life for the sake of the world... Talking about it all slowly tore open old wounds with every word. She held onto her heart, in fear its wounds would open as well.

"And on the graduation day for our older friends, he fell into a slumber he never woke from..." A few tears had managed their way out throughout the story, but by the end, she felt a wave of calm surround her. There. She finally told it all.

Her son's brown eyes were laying on her, a bit wide-eyed. "Mother, I... I didn't know how bad it really was..." He softly spoke, a soft exhale sounding at the end of his sentence. "I'm... I'm sorry for bugging you about it for so many years..." He took his gaze from her and put it on the floor, a frown on his face.

"Now that you know..."

She lifted up from her lap Makoto's Evoker. As she softly set it on the table, the sound of metal lifted her son's head. Upon laying his eyes on it, he immediately looked at her with wide eyes.

"I think it's about time we see if you have a Persona..." She whispered, grazing the fake gun with her fingertips.

Hisato's eyes gleamed, but shook with both fear and sadness. For that was upon his mother's face.