Chapter 3

The bell rang for the first class and then it grew silent again.

"Why are you so quiet?" Clare asked as she took out her books. "Well if you don't start talking then I'll start it."

She gave a bright smile as she played with her pen.

"The first class will be taken by Miss Nelson. She teaches us about our change and what we actually are." Clare explained.

"What we are?" I asked looking at her doubtfully "Aren't we humans?"

"Yeah, we are humans but a bit different." Clare hesitated as she spoke. "Like a slightly different species."

"Do you mean to say we are like vampires and werewolves who have human forms?" I asked biting my lip.

"No and yes" Clare laughed out seeing my expression "We aren't vampires or werewolves at least not yet."

I sighed to myself as I had no other choice. If I can't change it that I should just accept it.

"What exactly are we?" I asked ready for any information that is thrown at me.

"We are a bit different from the classical Vampires." Clare explained, "We have speed, sight and... well, some other abilities we are also creatures of darkness and we need the moon more than the Sun but we don't burn up in the sun so that's one thing."

I nodded as I listened to her with full focus.

"And we have some special powers that Vampires don't have. The actual thing is we weren't born a normal way. We just took over a human baby without a soul so we were born when we were actually not supposed to."

My eyes went wide with shock as I heard her words. 

"So I was never supposed to exist. I was a mistaken birth just a parasite who is living in an already dead person's body." I muttered as my eyes grew hazy.

"It's ok to exist," Clare said bringing me back to reality. "I am also just like you but I still exist as much as all the others around us do."

"Yeah," I face palmed myself as I gave her a smile. "So what about the blond? Is she one of us?"

"No, she a vampire by birth and all of the other students who join us from the 2nd class are the same as her, as for us we will only change into a complete vampire after a few months," Clare said with a warning look. "So be careful as they take pleasure in bullying the changelings." 

 "I wasn't bitten by a vampire so how will I change into one?"I asked."And what is Changelings?"

"That's what we are called and there are just four of us. Laina, Relf, you and me." She pointed at the two of them who were still engrossed in their own world. 

"And people don't turn into a Vampire cause of being bitten that's something that only happens in stories." Clare chuckled "Though there is something like the Vampire queen who has the power to change humans into vampires but that too is just a myth."

I listened to her as is my life depended on it. Well, it actually did depend on it.

"But there is one good point. We changelings are going to be the ones who actually get most of the good stuff as we have powers they can never get." Clare smiled. "Even among them, there are social standards. The students who study in this school are all from amongst the most elite families cause the ones who aren't, just get to become servents or butlers. Even being a butler is thought of as a good job. And many people fail to get it as they need the top grades in everything."

"So that stiff emotionless bastard is actually a poor guy," I said with a chuckle but i was really impressed.

"Yeah, he was poor but he isn't so now." Clare said with a nod. "Butlers get a lot of facilities if one of the family members gets the post than the whole family is taken care of by the government funds. They don't need to bother about food or house and they live like a billionaire in the human world. Until the butler who supports the family remains in the post no one can even touch them."

"So how exactly did you come here,did your butler get you here after you kil...?" I stopped in the middle and just curiously looked at Clare. I wanted to know if I was the only one with a murder case on her head.

"I bit my own family," Clare told looking down at her trembling hands.

"Are they ..." I stopped again unable to ask anymore.

"They are ok," She said giving me a small smile. "I haven't heard of any changelings  killing the people they drink from. They don't need as much blood as a real vampire does so they come back to their senses quite fast."

"Is that so?" I looked away from her pretending to get a fallen pen.

"Did you by chance kill someone," She asked staring at me.

I felt like my life had ended. I slowly looked at her as I held back a scream of denial. I did not want to lie to a person who was so good to me and was accepting me with open arms.

"That's what I heard," I said in a small voice "but I don't remember..."

"It's ok, you must have been really hungry to do that." Clare just left it with those few words.

"Aren't you scared?" I asked trying to gauge Clare's real feelings.

"Why will I be scared?" She hit me on the head with a really broad smile on her face.

The topic ended just like that as the teacher entered the class and started taking the roll call.

A/N: What do you think is going to happen next? Is Zerin going to be alright is she going to kill any more people?

And as always don't forget to comment and Vote.