Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

                Today is my off. As I hurt myself yesterday, after tripping.

                It was days that I haven’t saw Raleigh, like I should be caring.

                Took a shower ate breakfast and shot up insulin. I actually decided to see my doctor today and ask for new prescription as I need to renew it every now and then.

                My day can’t just get any better so I decided to just call a cab and make it to the hospital. While I was there I had everything check, prescriptions and feet checked. Diabetes? Stabilized.

                Went home and just decided to clean a bit. As I was to call my best friend Jamie, there was this urge to peep through my window. And yes, I did and saw Raleigh standing in front of his house, smoking.

                I called Jamie to hang-out. After 20minutes she was knocking. And when I opened my door. She was screaming “What the hell happened to you?”. As she continues to talk not letting me answer back.

                As we went through to what happened, she asked “Who the hell is that hotty?” Looking to whatever her eyes is looking.

                I saw Raleigh smoking again.

                “That’s Raleigh, just moved in couple of days” as I said, looking at Jamie.

                She looked at me and said “Girl, you’ve been lonely for years; I think this is the time you step it up”.

                “Well, I think I don’t need to have someone right now. And she has a girlfriend and a little bummer.” As I laughed like I was really interested.

                She just gazed thru me and continued to like ask everything she missed out. But probably nothing. Jamie is a kind of best friend that push you to things like it was her mission to get me someone, she just hook me to boys that I don’t have any idea of.  She goes to college but she always find time to call me and give me company. I just love her and I know she loves me too.

                Jamie and I had movies and pizza. Sharing her stories about her classmates that I haven’t saw. But it was interesting so I just listened and laughed and just comment like a normal person would do. It was late so Jamie headed out and went home.

                Morning came and preparing to go to work. Went out my house and started walking.

                As I heard “Hey!” and looked at my side seeing Raleigh in his car slowly pacing to my speed.

                I just looked.

                “Hey! Where you heading?” he asked.

                “Café. Work” as I answered.

                “Well today is your lucky day. I’m heading there too. So u want a ride?” he offered.

                In my mind I was asking if should I take it or just walk through it. But my foot is still hurting.

                So I said “Really?”

                And he answered, “Yes! Really my honor”. Smiling

                I hesitated, but you grab the opportunity if it’s there.

                So I got in. And rode away.

                There was a moment of silence but broken.

                And I just asked “How old are you?”

                He answered “23, just got out of the army, dismissed.”

                And we sat quietly, as I was wondering what had happened to him. It’s none of my business so I just let it go.

                “Thanks for hitching me.” As I said.

                “No problem.” He smiled. Everyone would melt in his smile.

                And I was feeling a little bit off. Because I was thinking of his girlfriend.

                “So I guess we should hang-out some time.” He said.

                I was thinking is that an offer, a statement or a question. I had butterflies in my stomach. But I had to contain it.

                “Oh, I actually don’t want to get in trouble.” I said.

                He just asked, “What the hell are you talking about?” Chuckling

                I looked at him and ‘what the hell is this guy doing asking me to hangout?’ I mean he has a girlfriend. And hot.

                “I mean I just saw your girlfriend a week ago.”

                He laughed and laughed.

PLEASE do not hesitate to comment or message me of what you think about my story?.. -- it would really be appreciated. thank you very much.