THE END

Chapter 29

                Louise said “Family meeting” and we all went down.

                “We need to plan for your wedding.” She said.

                “Ah! Super excited” Keren said.

                “We’ll do it in the beach.” Raleigh said and I agreed. I love beaches.

                Louise grabbed a paper and pen and wrote everything.

                “Beach it is” she said.

                “Lia, let’s check your wedding dress and Raleigh would take care of the boys.” Louise said.

                When we got tired thinking. We went to out beds and Raleigh carried me. He laid me on bed gently and kissed me. He rubbed my stomach and said “Hi baby, I’m Raleigh – your dad. I can’t wait to see you.”

                “Lia, I can’t wait to be your husband.” He said.

                I sighed and felt everything perfect and smiled at him.

                “What?” he said.

                “You’re going to be the perfect dad that any kid would wish for.” I told him.

                He laughed and said “I’ll take care of the book store and you take care of the wedding.”

                “I actually don’t have any idea on what to do.” I said.

                “Let me take care of that” Louise said standing at our door.

                “Mom?” Raleigh said.

                “Honey, I would like to get a picture of my grand kid, you forgot to give me.” Louise said.

                “Oh sorry.” Raleigh stood up and handed her the pictures.

                “Night darlings.” She said and gone off.

                I’m almost 5 months and marriage was the last thing that I knew I could have. Never had I imagine that someone would love – or accept me. Until Raleigh gave me the meaning of living and loving – he saved me from self- destructing.

                It was just last week when we found out that we will be having a son. And Raleigh can’t wait for him to come out.

                Raleigh makes the most of things worthy. He never gave-up on me. He made my days perfect even though I had been asking for attention in the middle of the night. My mood-swings were out of control. My food cravings were making him go next town just to look for it. He never judged me. And all I can think of repaying him is to love him until the last days of my life.

RALEIGH’S POV

                “Man, you can do this you’re a soldier for God’s sake.” Caleb said as I was nervous.

                “Is everything in order?” I asked him.

                “Everything is smooth and running Raleigh.” He said.

                “And its starting the limo is here.” Caleb was my commanding officer for my wedding – my best man.

                Then I heard the music starting and I saw Lia coming down with her Aunt and Johnson on his side carrying Lia’s sandals. Then she stepped on the carpet and she was beautiful, she was sparkling and very nervous. And I told myself that this is the only girl that I would love and die for.

LIA’S POV

                When we were at the limo I started to feel very nervous. Butterflies on my stomach. Like I was to vomit and then the car stopped and Caroline – my aunt said “Were here. Are you ready?”

                I took a deep breath and then Johnson came out and helped me.

                “Careful preggers” he said, the sand was soft and my heels were giving me pain to walk and I was approaching them I can’t bare it so I removed it and gave them to Johnson.

                I saw everyone chuckled and I continued to walk slowly. I saw Raleigh chuckled too. And when I saw the red carpet. It got on my nerves that marriage found me – or vice versa. But you know what – I saw Raleigh differently today, he was a hero- my hero, a friend and is to be my husband.

                I was walked by Johnson and Caroline, Raleigh was stunning I felt more in love with him. His smiles were stopping my breath and we were at him and then he took my hand.

                And helped me through the platform. “No sandals on you wedding day?” he said.

                “Don’t make me feel bad.” I told him.

                Then the priest started the ceremony.

                We are all gathered here to witness the marriage of this couple – and I weren’t exactly paying attention. Lia you may take your vow. I practiced this for a month and now I am saying it.

                “I Lia Tamara Collins take you Raleigh Meyers to be my lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.” Then I put the ring on his finger.

                Then Raleigh took his vow and put me the ring.

                Then the priest was saying and the last I heard was “What God has joined, men must not divide. Amen – you are now husband and wife – you may kiss the bride.”

                Then Raleigh stopped and looked at me with his killer grin.

                “Raleigh?” I called his name as he was looking at me.

                “Raleigh?” I called again.

                “Can you please say my name again?” he said

                “Ral- “ – and then he kissed me.

                After the wedding party he gave a paper – and I opened it and it says

                                ‘Lia Tamara Collins – Meyers herby the owner of Jonathan Charles Book Store’ – and I looked at him and said “Raleigh, you saved me, you gave me the meaning of living and loving – you made me believe that dreams do come true – and I love you – “ I haven’t finished what I was saying when he kissed me and said

                “Lia you showed me everything that a man is looking for” then kissed me again.

                We were living happily. I gave birth to David John Meyers. Running our business and Raleigh taking care of us. And yes I defined love.

THANK YOU for sticking out. thank you so much. please comment or message me to any suggestions - or what you thought of my story . thank you.