0.3 Phantomhive Butler

Days passed as I grew accustomed to Ciel again. There are still moments where I think I'm dreaming. Who knows how Lizzy was going to react to seeing Ciel?

"I have almost forgotten about Lizzy," I muttered to myself.

Walking down the halls, I made my way to Ciel's study. Our dad used to do his work in there. He would spend hours in there. Once it was time for dinner, he'd call it a day and spend the rest of the evening with us.

"May I come in, Ciel?" I asked while gently knocking.

"Come in," was his reply.

His desk was covered in paper, most of it regarding the Funtom Company.

"When are you going to send a carriage for Lizzy? I told her I'd send for her once I found out you were alive. It's been more than a week Ciel."

Consumed with his paperwork, he waved a hand, indicating he was barely listening to me. "I've too much work right now. I will send a carriage later."

I groaned, "That's it!"

I stormed out of the study and made my way to the front of the manor, slamming the door shut.

"Looks like I have to take things into my own hands," I mumbled.

Angrily, I made my way to the stables. They were on the other side of the estate. The sound of horses neighing and snorting became louder as I neared the stables.

"Zani!" I exclaimed when I saw my horse.

She was a midnight Selle Francais horse that was bred for racing. My father bought her for me because of a rather ridiculous reason.

"You hair is midnight black, and her pelt is the same! It's like she's the horse version of you!"

"Really? That's why?"

I chuckled and shook my head at the memory. He used to try his hardest to make me and Ciel laugh. Although jokes were never his strong suit. He and I used to race our horses at least once a week. Zani and I were always able to win.

Zani whinnied and pawed the floor, desperate to get out of the stall.

"You probably need to go out for a run, don't you? I bet there is no one who takes you out in the orchard to stretch your legs."

I opened the gate to her stall and put a saddle and reins on her. I hoisted myself up on the saddle and had her trot out of the stable. Before reaching the end of the estate, a familiar tall man stood in front of me, blocking the way out.

"What do you think you are doing, Lady Y/n?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to go retrieve my cousin myself! Ciel clearly has no interest in sending a carriage for her, so now I must do it myself. I am rather disappointed in him. You would think that he would care more about his fiancee."

"Allow me to escort you to the Midford Manor then, Lady Y/n. It is dangerous for a young lady such as yourself to venture out alone," Sebastian said.

"Nonsense," I argued, "I am capable of taking care of myself. It would be dangerous if it was nighttime. But even then I know I can protect myself."

Sebastian ignored me, extending his hand for me. "I insist."

There was obviously no way for me to convince. It seemed that I had to give up and hand the reins over to him. Just as I was about to, an idea popped into my head.

"Wait," I said, looking over his shoulder. "Is that Ciel on the ledge? He's going to jump!"

He whipped his head around quickly. He turned around so quick I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to break his neck. Using this as a distraction, I made Zani gallop away from Sebastian as fast as she could. Once he realized what I had done, it was too late. I raised a hand up in the air and waved goodbye to Sebastian, hoping he could hear my laugh.