Chapter 13- Surprises

"Mate. Your sister is scary, you are like a fluffy bunny rabbit compared to her." James said and stood up. He walked over to Brad who was currently backing himself into the corner.

"James. Buddy. Come on. Don't? Please?" He said.

"Brad. It won't work." Amber says.

"Amber? So I have no one on my team? Lucky me." He said.

"Brad, Brad, Brad. See what you have gotten yourself into?" I say. I smirk crosses his face before he ran at me. He picked me up and put me over his shoulder. He ran outside with me. Regardless of me constantly hitting on his back hoping to put me down, he kept running. I had no idea where we were going. It seemed like a few laps of the back yard before he slowed down and jumped. We came down into the pool. A few seconds later I rose to the surface to see Amber and James inside laughing at me and Brad.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I yelled hoping they would hear me. They just laughed and shut the door. Then I heard it click.

"Well done. Brad." I say and splash him.

"Hey! What did I do?"

"You ran outside and dropped us both in the pool, while the air is cooling down and now we are locked out."

"What? We're locked out?"

"Yes James and Amber just locked it."

"Man. I didn't think they'd do that."

"You know what? I want to walk around the shops down the street. Join me?" I said.

"Since I can't really do anything else. Sure." We climbed out of the pool and found dry clothes on the porch. At least they wouldn't let us freeze. We walked down the street. Not many people were out. Must of been about 10pm. The street was dimly lit from the lights, shops at the end of the street were still open.

"Did you want to go to that cafe?" I asked. Brad nodded as we walked over to it. Just as we arrived the shop keeper put the closed sign on and locked the door. He didn't even apologise, just walked off. The next shop was the pizza shop. I hope Brad wouldn't bring it up again. That hope was lost when we sat down.

"So this is the shop with that guy?" He whispered to me. I nodded my head and looked around, seeing if I could find him.

"Which one is he?" He asked when he saw me looking around the shop. There weren't many people sitting down, only about five not including me and Brad.

"I can't see him." I say in defeat. Brad grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes.

"We will find him again Rhi. You never think about anyone this much, so we will find him for you."

"Why are you so nice Brad?" He just grinned at me.

"Rhi! It's your song!" Brad exclaimed and I listened to what song it was. Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac.

I started to tap my feet and nod my head to the beat of the music. Brad quietly sang, trying not to draw attention to ourselves. A few moments later I slapped Brad's arm to get his attention.

"Hey. What was that for?"

"Shh. He's over there." I say. He casually looks behind me. The boy was cleaning tables.

"I can see why you like him!" Brad joked. I hit him again. Then he walked over to us. Stay calm Rhiannon. You'll be fine.

"Can I get you two anything?" He asked. Wow his voice.

"Uh. No thank you." I said.

"No thanks mate." Brad said. He looked at us a little suspiciously before leaving.