Epilogue

Jericho could sense the changes in his little Prince; the subtle changes in the boy's attitude toward him since that night he whispered his life's story.

Jericho could tell that after another twelve moons of sharing a bed Caspian was finally seeing him as a lover, not the barbarian that murdered a father, orphaned a child.

Jericho knew Caspian was awake in the wee hours of the morning, the candle light almost burned out. It has been quite a long time since Caspian had night terrors and Jericho was grateful for it.

His fingers dancing along Caspian's exposed flesh illuminated by the candle light. So soft and pretty he was Jericho thought as he watched the flame's light cast that glow on Caspian's already tanned skin.

"Caspian, do you understand the mechanics of war? Why men fight?" Jericho asked running his fingers through the Prince's hair. Many nights, long after the joining of their bodies' conversations like these was had, politics, the King's declarations, all sorts of things were deliberated and debated animatedly by the two.

"Yes. Some men fight for glory, others honor, revenge, hate, love" Caspian replied softly.

"I fight for none of that. I fight because I was born for war, bred for it from the moment I could walk" Caspian turned over to come face to face with his General.

"I fight because it is all I ever knew but I grow weary Caspian. So weary of that life" Jericho murmurs just as softly staring into his lover's eyes.

"I want a different life now. One where I save lives instead of taking them... with you" Caspian felt as though his heart wanted to come up his throat as the thing started thudding.

The Prince's lips trembled at the implications of the General's words.

"You should know by now that my heart beats only for you" Jericho says, knuckles brushing down Caspian's cheek in a gentle caress.

"Will you accept my heart Caspian? Hold it and keep it safe?" Jericho asked, eyes showing a vulnerability Caspian has never seen before, the most open and disarmed Caspian has ever seen the General.

"Will you let me hold yours? Be my partner for the rest of our days?" tears fell down Caspian's cheeks and Jericho kissed them away from his little Prince's eyes. He has yet to say a word, closing his eyes Caspian focused on himself, reflecting on his life, how chaotic it was when he focused on hate and then how wonderful when he saw past Jericho's reputation and found the gentle man beneath.

"Yes" Caspian whispered opening his eyes and pressed his lips to his General's.

"Yes, I will share my life with you. Hold your heart with care for as long as the rivers flow and the flowers bloom" Jericho's breath hitched and his eyes shone with unshed tears.

Never would he have thought the Gods would bless him so but as he held his little Prince close, Caspian's tears of joy hitting his chest Jericho thanked them.

"Caspian, I am sorry about your father" Jericho began but the Prince pressed his fingers against the General's lips halting the man's words.

"My father was a soldier, a warrior, a husband and a good King. A great father. I think..." Caspian swallowed audibly and smiled softly at his lover.

"I think he would be most proud that I am able to forgive. To find love and hold onto it instead of a life of death and war and loneliness" Caspian kissed Jericho's brow and rested his head on his General's chest and closed his eyes letting the strong thuds of Jericho's heart lull him into peaceful slumber.

No other words were spoken; none were needed as Jericho followed soon after into serene rest with the gentle rise and fall of Caspian's chest against his own. Tomorrow they would start a new life, not as enemies, or as the General and the slave Prince but as Jericho and Caspian.

**********************************************************************

A/N

That's it for Caspian and Jericho.

I'm gonna start working on Araknae's story it's going to be entitled Reclaiming Maximus.

LAPP115

DanielleWilson89 get better babe.

KaySetonks

SuzettePeters

Esslyy