Chapter 34

Bonnie pulled away from their passionate kiss then ran back into her house.

"Is he a wick kitty?" Damon asked walking in the living room holding bonnie kitten.

"She's not wicked,Damon. I found her out by the road alone and i decided to take her in." Bonnie said taking misty from damon arm's.

"What's wrong with her?" He asked.

"She must've hurt her paw under the stair's. I need the bandage in the bathroom." She said.

"I'll go get it." He replied.

"Do you know where it is?" She asked.

"Of course i do." Damon grinned.

Damon went to bonnie bathroom and searched her medicine cabinet. He smiled at seeing his comb still in there. He grabbed the bandage then went back to bonnie.

"Thank you." She said.

"What for?" He asked.

"Getting misty out the storm and helping me fix her paw." She replied.

"It's nothing." He said.

"You hate kitten's, damon." She retorted.

"I'm just not that fascinated by them." He said.

"Right." She said.

"Are we going to avoid why it's so awkward right now?" He asked.

"Why would it be awkward?" She reflected.

"We kissed and you ran away,bonnie." He said.

"Are you really threatening me?" Elena asked.

"Just warning you to stay focused for why you were brought back for." Enzo said.

"My feelings for damon are real but i can't get over stefan. We been through a lot and damon being with bonnie made me realize something." She said.

"What?" He asked.

"They were bound to happen." She said.

"What?" He asked again.

"This might sound weird coming from me but i always knew they loved each other. And if opportunity knocked for them to explore it farther, they would be together." She reflected.

"Well they shouldn't be together, elena. I don't care what you thought. I will marry bonnie and get her uncle share's to that company." He concluded.

"You going to live a loveless marriage?" She asked.

"I have love for bonnie. Damon sure as hell doesn't deserve her." He conflicted.

"Bonnie loves damon." She reflected.

"They haven't been together in months. Those months will turn into years and she will be over him." He retorted.

Elena stared blankly then poured them a drink.

"We shouldn't kissed, damon. You are in a relationship with elena." Bonnie said lighting another candle.

"That doesn't mean you don't want me." He conflicted.

"What we had is in the past." She reflected.

"Yet you kissed me back." He conflicted.

"You caught me off guard." She reflected.

"You think you need your guard up to me?" He asked.

"We broke up and it broke my heart. I loved you more than anybody else but that's our past. Your future is with elena and that's what you always wanted." She said.

"Some times when you get what you want,you realize how much you want something else." He said.

"What that suppose to mean?" She asked.

"I know why i kissed you but if you think by telling yourself you're over me..you're lying to yourself." He said.

"I'm going to go to bed and you can do whatever you want." She said.

Damon backed her into a corner. "Do you still love?" He asked caressing her face.

"Damon don't." She whispered.

"Don't what? It's just a simple question." He insisted.

"Because it's never simple." She reflected.

"Do you?" He asked.

"You know i do." She admitted then walked out the living room quickly.

Damon nodded shockingly. He was expecting no but hearing her admission after this long was kinda unexpected.

Elena closed the door behind enzo as he left damon house. She listened to damon message then called him.

"It took you nearly forever." He answered.

"Sorry. The signals is really weird tonight. Where are you?" She reflected.

"At a friend house." He said.

"Is you coming home tonight?" She asked.

"First thing in the morning." He replied staring at bonnie.

"Be safe i love you." She said.

Damon hung up and bonnie handed him a blanket. "What's this for?" He asked.

"To sleep on the couch. I will be up in my room. Goodnight,damon." She said.

"I heard you,bonnie." He said holding her hand.

"We're never going to be together again. I have accepted that and you should too." She said.

"Is that how you really want thing's between us? He asked.

"As I said before in case you weren't listening,damon it's the way we have to be. Goodnight!" She said then walked away.