Chapter 2

Huge Warning: Isogai does kiss Karma in this chapter but not our of love promise you that! This fanfic is a Kargisa and IsoMae. That is all!

Isogai had just gotten off work when his phone started ringing. He looked at the name. Akabane Karma. Isogai picked up his phone before he answered. “Where are you right now Isogai..?” Was the first words he heard when he picked up. He noticed Karma’s voice was weak and shaking. “I’m walking home. I’m still at the cafe. What happened Karma? You sound different.” There was silence. “Stay there. I’m on my way…” He hung up right then and there.

He saw someone in a black jacket running towards him. He noticed red hair poking out of the hood. It was Karma. Before Isogai could say anything, he was attacked into a hug. Karma’s body was shaking. “Karma is that you? You’re burning up!” Isogai pulled down Karma’s hood, and the sight of his friend’s face put him to shock. His face was stained with blood. “Karma what happened to you..?” Isogai asked, wiping some of the blood off his face. “I-I really don’t know… I was home and this man was about to kidnap me when I shot him in the throat then after my fever came back again…” Isogai could tell by his voice he was shaken up and not feeling well. “Stay with me for a while… Come on.” He picked up Karma, who was extremely light. Karma was breathing softly, signaling he was asleep. He must be tired… Why was a man trying to take him better yet? And has he eaten? He’s super light. He looked at Karma’s face and sighed. Wonder what Nagisa would think if he knew his own crush just killed someone. He walked inside his home and closed the door. No one was home yet. His mother must have been at the hospital still and the siblings were with her. He walked upstairs and laid Karma onto the bed and gently shook him. He woke up slowly. “Hey sleepy head. You need a bath to wash off the smell of the blood..” Karma nodded and tried standing up but stumbled a little.

Karma locked the bathroom door and took off his clothes and into the now warm bath water. He realized he didn’t get to eat. Not like I want to now. He heard the door unlock and saw it opened, revealing his friend. “Sorry. I just need to get your clothes.” Isogai apologized. Karma smiled. “It’s fine. Just be careful with the blood.” Isogai nodded. Karma tried acting normal but after how he attacked Isogai with that hug it was no use. He was afraid to do that again. Isogai looked back at Karma as the redhead was deep within his own thoughts. He sighed and sat at the edge of the bathtub and leaned in, planting a kiss on the other’s lips. “Wh-What did you do that for?” Karma asked, snapping out of his thoughts. Isogai smiled before replying. “Don't think about it so much… it was out of self defense.” He replied. Karma’s face turned bright red before looking away. “How was Nagisa today…?” Karma asked trying to change the subject. “Better. He isn't limping anymore. Why do you ask?” Karma’s cheeks flared. He had liked the bluenette for a while now but he couldn't really tell anyone that. Sure he was confident and all but he has his own limits at what he can and cannot do. Isogai smirked at Karma’s reaction. “You have a crush I see.” Karma didn't say anything. He was too tired. “How are you feeling?” Isogai asked. “Like shit.” Karma replied. After a while later when Isogai left Karma got out of the bath and into some clothes. His cat was snuggled in his backpack that he took over here. “Hey Mouse… Don't worry I’m better now.. It's not as scary anymore.” He whispered. “You can sleep next to me if you want.” He heard Isogai’s voice from down the hall. He nodded and laid down on Isogai’s bed. His fever had broke a while ago thanks to Isogai’s medicine. He closed his eyes, slipping into sleep.