Six // Fallout.

26th October 2015

When I was old enough to understand that fairy-tales weren't actually true, I was absolutely  devastated but that devastation soon turned to anger. I would love to know who the person was that decided that we should a write an array of short stories that depict young woman being rescued by their prince charming and then living happily ever after, because it just simply wasn't true. We weren't going to magically be rescued, in fact if anybody was going to rescue us then it was going to be ourselves, and I wish that more of those short stories were around. I will say that just because I didn't necessarily believe in fairy-tales, it didn't mean that I didn't believe in true love and  romance because to be honest I was actually quite the hopeless romantic. 

I mean what could be greater then finding that one person who loves you for you, that one person who understands you in ways that you never knew anyone could, that one person who could make you feel so ridiculously safe, that one person who you could spend the rest of your life with, and happily. I wanted that just as much as the next person however I knew that sometimes it just wasn't that easy. Life was complicated and love, which I had learned the hard way was definitely complicated too, but I did believe that with the right person that all the complications would be worth it. 

In fact I thought I had found that person in Calum...but now I wasn't so sure. I really wasn't sure in anything anymore when it came to my love life. Maybe I would be one of those people who didn't find the 'one'. It was probably a ridiculous thought because I was still so young but it was just hard to not think that way. After all life was not a fairy-tale and I needed to be prepared for whatever could come way. I needed to be prepared to rescue myself. 

"So obviously the album release party didn't go too well." Brooke mutters to me the next morning over breakfast.

"You could say that." I lightly laugh. "Apart from what happened with Calum it was actually a really fun night though, Bryana and I had a great time together." I tell her then instantly feel awkward about bringing up Bryana. "Sorry." I add quickly and Brooke gives me an amused smile. 

"You don't need to be sorry Everly, Ashton and I happened like forever ago." Brooke says and instantly feel relieved. It was probably after Brooke's second hangout with the boys when her and Ashton really hit off. They begun texting and skyping like crazy and whenever Ashton had a break in his schedule they would hang out, and then it wasn't long after that they became official. 

I loved the fact that my best friend was dating my boyfriend's best friend because it meant even more time with both her and Calum, and with my schedule that was always a good thing. I always thought that Ashton and Brooke were great together and they really were but things got complicated for them. Ashton and the boys were only getting busier and Brooke was going in to her first year of study which made it almost impossible to spend time together, and of course there was the constant hate from the fans. 

I was in the business so I had grown a thick skin and was basically use to it but for Brooke it became a little too much. They dated for almost six months before calling it quits but to this day they remained friends which was of course a good thing because I didn't need to worry about any awkward run in's between the two at any of my parties or film premieres, or even if Brooke attended a concert with me, which she did often. 

"He's happy right?" Brooke asks me out of the blue. I am quite surprised because the only time Brooke has asked about  Ashton's relationship since the broke up was about Bryana and what type of a person she was. 

"He is yeah, at least I think so." I answer truthfully. From the outside Ashton and Bryana seemed really happy and I hadn't heard of any major issues between the two, so I assumed that everything was good.