Ten // New Beginnings.

A/N: Not Yet Edited.

Do you believe in guardian angels?

Because I do and I have from the time I can remember. In fact my very first memory included myself and who I believe to be my very own personal guardian; My older sister Mia.

To this day the memory was still so clear and vivid in my mind, I must of been about three or four years old at the time and I was playing happily in my room when my older cousin Jared came bursting through the door. Jared was my only cousin on my dads side and he was definitely that typical older boy cousin, who was just way too cool to hang out with me but since I was the closer to him in age than Mia, he was often forced to come and play with me.

I was a friendly young girl who could share and play with basically any other children, even mean older cousins but on this particular day I was playing with my new teddy bear smithy and I didn't exactly want to share with Jared today because Smithy was my brand new bear, a Christmas gift from my parents that I hadn't even had for a week so when Jared tried to claim smithy for himself, I put up a fight but being my tiny self, I lost. The next minute or two is a blur of tears but then all I can remember is Mia appearing in my room out of nowhere. I watched her stand up to Jared, even though he was bigger than her and could be pretty scary, she didn't back down though and soon enough she was handing me back smithy.

I was in complete awe of Mia that day, I thought she was the bravest, coolest big sister ever and I know it was only a stupid bear but her actions that day meant a lot to me and so did her words. Mia told me that day that I couldn't let people be mean to me and that I always needed to stand up from myself and it's something that has stuck with me as I grew up.

It's sounds like such a cliche but Mia was not just my sister, she was my best friend, my soul-sister, my ride or die, my guardian angel and I was so lucky to of been born as her little sister.

Apart from my parents, Mia was probably the person who I could trust the most in this world and I trusted and respected her opinion so much so that I knew she was going to be the perfect person to give me advice with what I should do with Calum.

Mia was currently living in a stunning apartment in New York City though her home was a beautiful house in Los Angeles, her husband and fellow actor Kai Austen was currently filming a TV show which required him to be in New York for months on end so they decided to set up shop in New York for the time being.

A part of me was kind of nervous to speak to Mia about everything, she knew that what Calum and I had at the moment was complicated but she just didn't know how complicated. I know that Calum thought it was simple; We still loved each other so why couldn't we just give it another go? I wished with absolutely everything in me that it was that simple, but just wasn't.

I didn't know if I could ever trust Calum again and if we couldn't have trust in our relationship then what would we have? If we did decide to try again than how would we transition from two people who were constantly bickering and being mean to each other to us being a happy lovey dovey couple?

My head honestly hurt from thinking about all the what ifs and I felt like I had no answers to any of my questions and so I hoped Mia would be able to give me some guidance because I desperately needed it.

"It's about time you came to visit us in the big apple!" Mia beams as I step off the elevator and In to her apartment. A bright smile finds it's way on to my face as I approach my older sister, wrapping her in a tight hug, It felt like it had been forever since I last saw her.

"How are you sissy?" I question as I pull back to look at her. Mia looked as radiant as ever, A silk gold dressing gown adorned her perfect figure, her hair was pulled in to a perfect messy bun and although she didn't have a single drop of make up on she looked radiant. My sister was so beautiful and I don't think she just how much.

"Can't complain you know? Life is pretty damn good at the moment." Mia winked as she turns in spot and begins to walk over to the kitchen table. "Are you hungry? I'm having a nice little late brunch." My eyes take in the combination of breakfast foods that were currently covering the table.

"You know I can always go for some pancakes." I smile excitedly and Mia shoots me a knowing smile. Pancakes were a Harrington family specialty, it was our number breakfast food and it always a meal we found sharing together.

"I thought you might say that and so I had some chocolate chip ones made specifically."

"You know me too well." I say as I take a seat at the table. "So is Kai here? I feel like I haven't seen my dear brother in law in a long time." Kai was literally one of the best people I had ever met on this planet, he was certainly the brother I never had and I was so glad my sister had found him. If two people were ever meant to be together, than it was Mia and Kai.

"He's not actually, his filming schedule is pretty crazy at the moment so I'm here alone a lot of the time but he's doing really good Ev, and the show has got such a big lovely fan base." Mia gushes proudly and I can't but smile at her, watching someone light when they talk about the person they loved was one of the best things to witness.

"He's filming the second season right? I really need to get around to watching it." I grimace feeling bad that I had not seen a single episode.

"Yup second season and they've already been giving the green light for season three so it looks like we're gonna be in New York for a little longer then we planned."

"That's so awesome for him and everyone who's a part of it." I cut in to one of my pancakes, take a bite and then swallow before speaking again. "So you're okay with staying here for longer?"

"Oh of course, it's New York City Ev." Mia winks and I have to let out a small laugh.

"It's probably a good thing Kai has this third season set up because you being in the city and shopping is probably going to cost you two." I tease and Mia rolls her eyes at me.

"Anyway, you'll see him tonight for dinner so that will be nice for us three to have a little night in." Mia beams and I have a feeling that she knows something that I don't. "So..." Mia clears her throat and I already know what is coming next. "How are you? What's new?"

"I'm pretty good, I know you've probably read about it but it looks like I'm going to be auditioning for one of the roles in that film that's being made, bloodstream." I announce and in that moment Calum pops in to my head, I had thanked him already but I don't think he understood just how much his little peep talk meant to me the other day. At the time I didn't think I needed it but sometimes you just need some words of encouragement.

"You know I heard some chatter about that but I didn't know how true it was but that's awesome to hear Everly, it sounds like it would be a great project to be apart of."

"It definitely would be, so hopefully it all goes well." I exclaim as I let out a small breath which makes Mia narrow her eyes at me as she takes a sip from her glass of orange juice.

"So am I going to bring him up or are you?" Mia questions and I feel my heart begin to race. I would say that under current circumstances Mia was not Calum's biggest fan and she didn't even know the full story. I didn't want to not be honest with Mia but I didn't think I could tell her the full story, hell I didn't even really know the full story when it came to Calum and I so how could I explain it to her?