Intercontinental Championship

The Story: On the first Smackdown of January, Triple H put Finn Balor in a match against Shelton Benjamin, to determine the next #1 Contender for John Cena's Intercontinental Championship.

Finn Balor prevailed, punching his ticket to the Royal Rumble.

John Cena would continue to defend his Championship each week, managing to succeed in the process. Finn Balor would continue to play Mind Games with the Cenation leader, sending supernatural messages over the weeks leading up to the Rumble.

On the final Smackdown before The Royal Rumble, Cena and Balor faced off in the ring. Finn Balor warned Cena about the
Demon King, Finn's alter ego. Finn would then stake his claim to the Intercontinental Championship, promising the Universe that the age of Cena will come to an end.

Tale Of the tape

John CenaHeight: 6"1Weight: 255 lbsFrom: West Nubury, Massachusetts Signature Moves: Five Knuckle Shuffle, Springboard Stunner, Cenation Destroyer

John Cena
Height: 6"1
Weight: 255 lbs
From: West Nubury, Massachusetts
Signature Moves: Five Knuckle Shuffle, Springboard Stunner, Cenation Destroyer.
Finishing Moves: Attitude Adjustment/FU, STF/STFU.
Career Highlights: WWE Champion, World Heavyweight Champion WWE Universal Champion, Intercontinental Champion, WWE Tag Team Champion, World Tag Team Champion, United States Champion, 2008, 2013 Royal Rumble Winner, 2012 Money In The Bank Winner.

Finn Balor
Height: 5"11
Weight: 190 lbs
From: Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland
Signature Moves: Shotgun Dropkick, Bloody Sunday.
Finishing Moves: Coupe De Grace, 1916.
Career Highlights: NXT Champion.

The Match: Finn and Cena then begin to size each other up, and they engage in a chain wrestling battle. For five minutes the two try to wear each other down with various holds, only for Finn Balor to hit Cena with a Pele Kick, sending him to the outside of the ring.

Finn then gets a running start, and he flips over the top rope, landing right on Cena. Balor then tosses Cena back into the ring, and he continues to put the pressure on the Champion.

After 10 minutes of getting worn down with various attacks, Cena bounces back by reversing Balor's Shotgun Dropkick attempt, into a Powerslam. Cena then mounts a comeback, and he attempts the Five Knuckle Shuffle, but Balor kicks Cena in the face and hits him with a Sling Blade.

Balor then goes for the cover, but Cena kicks out at two. Balor then traps Cena in a headlock, trying to wear the champion down. Cena then powers out of it, by hitting Balor with a Back Suplex.

Cena then goes up to the top rope and he hits Finn with a Diving Leg Drop. Cena then hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Balor.

As Cena sets up for the Attitude Adjustment, Finn Balor counters it into a Bloody Sunday DDT. Cena then rolls out of the ring, trying to catch a breather. Finn then follows him to the Outside, and he hits a Shotgun Dropkick on Cena, causing him to crash back first into the Steel Steps.

Balor then begins to take apart the German  Announce Table, and he places Cena on top of it. Finn Balor then goes up to the top rope, and he hits Cena with a Coupe De Grace, sending him through the table.

Finn Balor then gets Cena back into the ring and he goes for the cover, but Cena kicks out at two. Balor then begins to set Cena up for the 1916, but Cena counters it into a Piledriver. Cena then goes for the cover, but Finn Balor kicks out at two.

Cena then tries to hit a Powerbomb on Finn, but Balor slips down the back, and he nails Cena with a Shotgun Dropkick. Balor then goes for another Coupe De Grace, but Cena counters it into an STFU. After 5 minutes of pain, Finn Balor reaches the ropes, forcing the break.

Cena then prepares to hit the Attitude Adjustment on Balor, but Balor stuns Cena with a Pele Kick, only to get hit with a Dropkick from the champion.

Cena and Balor then begin to trade blows back and forth, showing no fear towards the other. Cena then swiftly hits the Attitude Adjustment and he goes for the cover. When Balor kicks out, Cena traps him in the STFU once more.

Balor then slips out, and he hits Cena with a Sling Blade. Finn Balor then hits Cena with the 1916, and he gets the win.

Winner and New Intercontinental Champion: Finn Balor.

What did you guys think of this match, Comment and let me know!

Thanks for reading, and I will see you soon!

Peace and Love