Ransom Riggs, I have a question

At the end of Miss Peregrines home for peculiar children, it talks about if Ymbrynes (How to spell?) couldn't take the memory away from normal's minds, then peculiaridom would be on the news everyday. I don't think so. For example, throughout all three of the Miss Peregrine's peculiar children books, most of us readers find out that peculiars are almost extinct. They and are ALWAYS IN HIDING. And yes, I mean 99.9 percent of the time, they are almost always in loops, or hiding their true power and identity in modern society. So how would people find out if its so hard to find out? Like... I'm so confused! 

Question: How would peculiars be on the news mostly every day if their almost extinct and are always in hiding?

Possible answer: Reporting on experiments of peculiaridom?                                                        Humans are cruel when are confused and/ or wanna know something. We could have ended up doing experiments on human beings just like the wights! That wouldn't have just ended up as a quickly updated plus evolved and completely branched off version of our species. That would have been entirely our species. 

Would you have been in that crowd of fans of MPHFPC/ or just thought it was wrong, of people holding up signs and shouting things in front of the government in rebellion?