Jacob, the storyteller (like Abe)

I am purposing that Jacob, in all three books of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, was telling the story the entire time. Maybe you'll say, "Well, Duh! That's what happens when the story is on your point of view." If you say this, you are correct. Almost, you almost got it. What I mean is, Jacob is referencing to his past with the Peculiar Children while actually telling someone what happened. I'm guessing his grandchild. 

But who am I to say this! I haven't got any evidence. That is where you are correct again, my friend. But only so far, though. You're right on track now but according to my hypothesis: Not in the future. Let me explain. 

In the first sentence of the first book, Jacob says, "I had just come to accept that my life would be ordinary when extraordinary things began to happen." There are several words and phrases in this quote that display that the entire story of the other 2 books already happened, and are in the past. As soon as Jacob says, 'I had just' he immediately makes the word 'had' stand out. However, several people fail to notice this one word. If you refer to the website dictionary.com, "had" is simply any happening, a thing in the past. 

Another example would be the end of the last book (SPOILERS BEWARE). "'Now that we have time.' And it occurred to me, standing there, just breathing with her, quiet settling around us, that those might be the three most beautiful words in the English language." In this quote, Jacob is implying that the thought of the 3 words already occurred to him. Jacob didn't have to say "And it occurred to me, standing there, just breathing with her, quiet settling around us, that". 

But he did! Jacob made a conscious choice to display that the entire Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series is Jacob telling the story identically compared to an old man remembering a good story. AKA, Abraham Portman.