Komaeda X Reader - The Weird Kid in Class 77-B

"(F/N)!" Your friend Will yelled.

"Huh?" You turned around to see your friend running towards you.

"Want to eat lunch together?" He pointed to the lunch bag in his hand.

"Yeah." You said absentmindedly.

How could you focus after seeing him?

"Maybe if I'm dead, someone else can join the academy. Surely anyone other than me could take the place as the Ultimate Lucky Student." You had overheard the boy saying.

Hearing this, you burst into the classroom he stood in. It wasn't being used this year, and all the desks were pushed to one corner.

He was sitting in the middle of the room, looking at a bottle of some dangerous chemical he had managed to snatch from the nurse's office.

"Maybe I'll be able to see mom and dad again." He muttered.

"H-hello?" You approached him slowly.

"Stranger, do you think luck exists in heaven?" He asked. A slight smile tugged at his lips. "Well, a better question, do you think a person like me goes to heaven?"

"I-I don't..." You stuttered. Talking a person out of suicide wasn't what you expected to be doing before class.

"I know my dad would've gone to heaven. Mom probably. She was a bit mean, but she wasn't as bad as me."

"W-what could you have possibly done to deserve death...?" You kneeled down in front of him.

"Does killing your parents count?" His smile was gone.

You sucked in a harsh breath. You knew this kid was probably dangerous, but...

Something in his eyes, maybe the guilt, made you trust him.

"You didn't..."

"Well, it was my fault."

You let out a relieved breath. Okay, so he wasn't going to snap and axe murder you. Now to move on.

"Your mistakes are in your past." You said quietly.

"The luck follows me everywhere."

"The luck?"

"I'm the Ultimate Lucky Student. Unfortunately, that doesn't just mean good luck. Everytime something good happens to me, something bad happens." He hung his head again.

"I'm sorry." You whispered.

The bell signaling the beginning of class rang throughout the building.

"You're kind to listen to me for this long."

"No-one deserves to die."

"Aren't you going to go to class?"

"A life is more important.

"The life of trash?" He looked back at you. You could've sworn that he had tears in his eyes before he blinked them away.

You placed your hand on one of his shaking ones.

"Your body is scared. It doesn't want to die." You squeezed his hand gently. "Don't kill it."

You reached forward and took the bottle of poison from in-between you. He didn't stop you.

"Put your shoes back on." You glanced over to the shoes near the door of the room. "We're late for class."