Komahinanami - Cuddles

Requested by @minutemoon

I'm always a slut for OT3s. Anyway, I'll probably focus on X Readers, but every once in a while, write ship stories for this book. Feel free to ignore them.

Hinata sighed as he walked into his apartment. He could hear the slight murmur of voices in the other room, so he went to investigate.

His girlfriend and boyfriend sat on their large bed. Chiaki rubbed Nagito's head softly, trying to comfort the frail boy. She looked up to Hajime for help. She was a bit out of her element.

After dating for almost four months, you would think that Chiaki would know one of her boyfriends well enough to get him out of a rut, but Komaeda had always been the comforter. When your supporter needed support, it was a difficult task to help them.

Hajime was a bit more effective in comforting him with his "tough love" and confidence point of view.

"Hey, Nagito..." Hajime stepped closer to his lovers. "What's wrong?"

Nagito didn't say anything. He just let out a small whimper.

"He feels like he doesn't deserve us." Chiaki frowned. "I told us that we loved him dearly, but he won't believe me."

Chiaki didn't often look worried. It broke Hinata's heart. Both of his lover's sad faces did.

"Ko, c'mon, you know we love you. We wouldn't be here comforting you if we didn't care." Hajime laid a hand gently on his back.

"But... I'm just a wreck, you two!" Nagito yelled out. "You both have jobs, and you care for me, and you pay for my food and home, and all I'm gonna do is die and leave you with some money! All your memories of me will be sick, messed up Nagito!"

Chiaki gasped and looked to Hajime. They both had tears welling up in their eyes.

After a moment, his eyes widened, as he had realized what he said. "Sorry, that was a bit harsh." He sniffed and resumed his huddled position.

"Nagito, please..." Chiaki petted his hair. "Please know that we've never thought of you as any burden. We love you, and we don't mind to work to pay for the rent. Remember that you insisted to pay for your own treatments and medications. You haven't taken a thing from us."

"You've given us so much more." Hajime said quietly.

Nagito cried out loudly and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and girlfriend. He was a snotty mess of "Thank you"s, "I love you"s, and "I'm sorry"s.

They hugged him back and, though Hajime wouldn't admit it, a few tears were shed between all three of them.

Soon they devolved into a sleepy mess of cuddles and soft kisses. Nagito lay in the middle of the loves of his life while they told him how much they loved him and how smart and handsome he was. He could almost cry more just from that, but he was so tired that he just drifted into sleep.

...

The next morning, Hinata got up first. He saw his boyfriend and girlfriend still sleeping peacefully and decided to leave them be.

He popped some bagels into the toaster and poured himself some OJ. He put some coffee in the machine for Nagito and started the espresso machine for Chiaki. He was never a huge fan of coffee, bitter or sweet.

Soon, Komaeda was up. He seemed to be attempting to carry Chiaki, but his bony arms (and lack of upper body strength in general) and her plumpness made it difficult.

Hajime laughed and helped Komaeda put Chiaki down carefully in a kitchen chair. She was still fast asleep.

"Thanks, Hajime." Komaeda smiled.

"No problem, Nagito."

"Feels weird, doesn't it?"

"What?" Hajime asked.

"Everything being perfect. It feels like, maybe in a different life, this couldn't have ever happened. I feel like... somewhere else, none of this ever happened. I can't imagine I'm happy in that universe." Komaeda laughed.

"It doesn't matter." Hajime held one of Komaeda's hands. "We're here now."

"Mhm." Komaeda nodded.

Hajime walked over to the counter and pulled the coffee pot out of the machine. "I made you some coffee. Dark, how you like it."

"Aw, Hajime. How kind of you." Komaeda stepped up behind Hinata and peppered the back of his neck with kisses.

Hajime felt his face heat up. "We're not in high school." He laughed a bit. "You can't tempt me with a few kisses."

"Hajime!" Komaeda faked shock. "You think I was attempting to make you do something dirty with you? I would do no such thing!" He placed his hands on his hips.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay, you horndog." Hajime chuckled. "Let's eat breakfast first."

Hajime transferred a large tray of bagels and coffees to the table.

"Chiaki, get up..." Komaeda whispered and poked her cheek with the blunt end of a fork.

"Hey, Nagito." She murmured. "Oh, Hajime, thanks for the breakfast."

"You gotta get up to eat it." Hajime put his hands on his hips.

"Mmmm." Chiaki hummed and slowly lifted her head. She took a slow bite of a raisin bagel.

"Hajime, we're out of coffee creamer." Komaeda yawned. "Could you go out to get some?"

"Yeah, 'course." Hajime nodded. "I'll be back in a few."

Driving down the street, Hajime felt a bit light-headed. Soon, it turned into a terrible headache and nausea. He tried to pull off the road, but the wheel swerved much more than he had expected.

He closed his eyes as his car headed towards a tree.

Then he woke up.

With a start, he woke up in a metal chair.

He was sitting next to a pod. Inside lay Nagito Komaeda.

The memories came back to him. He didn't have a boyfriend and girlfriend who loved him. He was alone.

Chiaki was dead. Nagito was asleep, maybe forever.

He and the other survivors had woken up, but they didn't know what would come of the others.

Hajime felt himself break down and cry.