Chapter 23

Part 67

Gabriel opened the door and stood in the doorway for a few moments, just looking at Sam. He never met someone like him, so smart but with an adorable kind of humor. Sam was still on the computer, looking at the menu screen and Gabe smiled at the sight. Before Sam would notice him, he went to sit next to him. "Hey, so what was that all about?" Sam asked, a smile on his face. Gabe smiled back. "Nothing, Dean just wanted my... permission." Gabe said, not sure what to say - for once-. "Dean never asks permission." Sam said matter-of-factly- "Well, he did." Gabe said. Sam smiled faded and he looked at his lap. Gabe's smile faded as well. "Ohh, right. I forgot you were special." Sam said, soft. He still looked at his lap. "Hey what's that supposed to mean?" Gabe said, the conversation took a turn and it was very serious all of a sudden. Gabe seemed to have a lot of those these past week. "It means that you are his boyfriend. And... I-" Sam said, but Gabe interrupted him with a laugh he couldn't hold back. Sam just stared wide eyed at him, clearly oblivious to what was going on. "What?" He said. "I'm sorry." Gabe said, wiping his eyes for 'tears' "But Dean and I are NOT boyfriends. We kissed? Yes. Boyfriends? No. He has... Someone else." Gabe said, his voice a little more serious now. Sam suddenly looked really embarrassed. "Oh, well who is it?" Sam said, trying to hide the excitement inside him. "I'm sorry Sammy. I can't tell you. It's someone who is good and who'll make Dean very happy. Believe me. But he's not totally 'ready' to 'come out'. You'll find out soon enough." Gabe said, still smiling at Sam's adorable moment of jealousy. "Okay, so what do you want to do now?" Sam said, clearly trying to change the subject. "Well we could watch a movie. You up for that?" Gabe said, picking up his laptop and sitting on his bed. "Yeah, sure." Sam sat down next to Gabe, ignoring how their bodies were pressed together.

Part 68

Dean knocked on Cas's door before entering. "Hey," he said. Cas was lying on his bed. He was facing the ceiling. "So? How did he react?" Cas said, not moving. "He took it well I think. I do have to tell you one thing though. " Dean said. Sitting down on the bed, not daring to get closer. He still didn't know what Cas and he were. Cas's face turned to meet Dean's eyes. Dean saw that Cas's eyes were brighter, like they shine again. He suddenly remembered something about that night. It wasn't much, just blue. A bright blue, and pain. He doesn't remember events, just images. Somewhere deep in his heart he knew, he knew Cas wasn't 'gay'. Suddenly a flow of guilt flew over him. Did he push Cas out of the closet. At the party Cas didn't accept himself. Maybe Cas didn't want Dean at the party. "Hey Cas?" Dean said, clearly forgetting the fact that he was supposed to tell something. "Yes Dean?" Cas said with the voice that sent shivers down Dean's spine. "Do you remember anything about... The party?" He said. Cas suddenly sat up, leaning against Dean. He was playing with shirt. "What do you mean?" Cas said. "I mean, do you remember anything about meeting me? About that night?" Dean said. Looking at his lap. His hands playing with one of Cas's. "I remember... Seeing you. And thinking you were hot. And I remember your green eyes. And I remember wanting you. Why do you ask Dean?" Cas said, looking at Dean now. "I was just wondering. I know I didn't 'push you' out of the closet now. But I don't know if I 'pushed you' out of the closet at the party. And.. I just didn't want to do that. And because all I remember is your blue eyes, I just wanted to be sure." Dean answered.

Part 69

They looked at each other before Cas pushed himself up and placed a small kiss on Dean's lips. This kiss wasn't rushed like in the bathroom, Cas took his time. It was also the first time Cas took the step, and Dean knew it was a sign that Cas was beginning to accept himself more and more. Cas pulled away and Dean winced at the sudden loss of warmth. "You didn't 'push' me out of the closet. I wanted it. I knew and know I did. I just had problems with accepting myself. And because of that I did... things. I'm not proud of. And you were there." Cas looked away for a second before continuing. "I thought I had to avoid you, because I couldn't feel this way. But as hard as I tried, I couldn't. I had to be your friend. Because even though I couldn't do the things I can do now. I had to be in your presence. You saved me Dean. I thought I had it all figured out, but I had the furthest from it. I know it won't be easy but we'll do it together. I hope. I still have to get used to... this. But I hope you'll be there for me. I just want you to know that you didn't force yourself on me. Never ever! Did you ever force yourself on me. I wanted it too. " When Cas finished Dean could feel a single tear running down his cheek. "Cas" Was all Dean could say. Cas wiped the tear away with his sleeve, before pulling Dean in for another kiss. It was tender, and over way too quickly. Cas laid down and pulled Dean down to lay down next to him. Dean let Cas pull him down and he let his head rest on Cas's pillow. Cas kissed him a few times before letting his head rest on Dean's chest. Dean laid his arm around Cas and pulled him half on top of him. It was the most comfortable Dean had ever laid down. He never wanted it to stop. He felt Cas drift off and chuckled slightly at Cas's little snore. It was the middle of the day, but they didn't care. It was a hectic day and they were exhausted. He gave Cas a little kiss on the top of his head before falling asleep himself.