The Truth (Athena)

Chapter II 

Athena 

I was yelling at Poseidon for bringing Medusa to my temple and such. You may wonder why I am still mad at that. Well, in fact, I was in love with Poseidon and still am. But, he just have to bring that gorgon to my temple which made me mad and jealous. His eyes looked over at the other gods, Zeus, Hera and Hades arguing over the demigod children of my father. Hermes and Hestia chatting at the Hearth, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Ares, doing their own business and Artemis deeply in thought while Apollo was listening to his iPod. Being the wisdom goddess, I can see that sadness surround Artemis. Before Poseidon and I became ”rivals“, he told me about Orion, one of his son. He was the only man that Artemis had ever loved, or even approved. That of course did not include Perseus Jackson, another son of Poseidon that was dating my Annabeth. To the public, I seem to disapprove their relationship, but after the Giants War, I spoke to them, approving of the relationship. Every god knows, but I still seemed cold to Perseus. I liked him as my daughter‘s boyfriend, after all, Poseidon and their children were all loyal. Suddenly, there were three flashes of light on Olympus, and we, at least, I was falling.

I stayed in mid-air a few moments later and looked around me. I had dreams about Medusa and Athens but this time it was different. I was watching from two other people’s perspective. With a shock I realized that it was the two gorgons, siblings of Medusa. I can hear their whole conversation.  

"How foolish of that Sea God." Laughed one of them. 

"Now our dear sister will have him, instead of that foolish wisdom goddess.“ Replied the other. 

”Medusa’s love potion will wear off soon, and I bet that goddess won‘t even realize that the little Poseidon, was in a trance. I can’t believe that he was meant to be the King of Gods.“

I was shocked to hear that. I always assumed it was his way of showing disrespect. It was Medusa‘s fault. Why did I only punish Medusa that day, when I didn’t know that Poseidon was in a trance? I wondered to myself. A thought formed in my head. Maybe that day was when I showed my feelings for him the first time, I thought. The scene disappeared and I was back at Olympus. I, with my pride, definitely cannot apologize to him. But, it was not his fault, Athena. Sighing, I sat on my throne, forming a plan.