Chapter 30 - A Last Round Before I Leave

(Joshua's POV - Mon. 28 October 2013)

"Are you going to spend the night in the car?" Tony suddenly asks dryly at my side. As I look up from my laptop, I realize that we have arrived home and that an impatient Tony is waiting for me to get out.

"Hmm... Could be an option if you ask Liz to bring my dinner here..." I smirk at him.

"Get out, Joshua! All I want is to go and park the car. It's over nine, I'm starving and I need some sleep!" Tony grunts with a scowl that just makes me grin more intensely at him. Tony is so easy to tease when he gets hungry.

"Yeah, yeah old man... I'm out," I reply, trudging my laptop in my bag and slipping out of the car.

"You're lucky that you have overgrown me or else I'd kick your bottom, young man!" he growls at me as I head toward the entrance door of the house. I turn around and look at him with a smug expression.

"Even if I were a couple of inches shorter than you, your foot still wouldn't reach my butt," I laugh out.

"Beware that old carcass, Joshua... it is not that old..." he sneers back at me before he slips back in the car. I walk inside the house and directly head to the kitchen where Liz is finishing the cleaning.

"Good evening, Joshua, did you have a good day?" she asks, her back facing me.

"Good evening Liz, yes excellent!" I reply cheerfully, sitting on a stool and starting to eat from the plate that was waiting for me. She spins around with a dubious look and stares at me through narrowed eyes.

"Oh God... I don't want to hear the details," she sighs and goes to remove her apron.

"I wouldn't tell you anyway. Mmmh that's excellent! Thank you Liz! By the way, there's a hungry man outside, so go and I'll finish this," I say with a wink.

"Right... I bet he's hungry at such an hour... half past nine..." she sighs. "I guess he must be in a great mood..."

"The brightest..." I reply with a chuckle.

"Don't tell me you irritated him again...?" Liz complains.

"No! I wouldn't dare..." I reply with mock innocence.

"Oh God... Well your suitcase is ready for tomorrow, as is your breakfast. I'll see you on Friday evening I guess? Or are you going straight to Aaron's?"

"Hmm hmm... I'll be here on Friday evening, but I probably won't get back till late. By the way, I'll have Liam over the week-end. Tony will drive him here after work on Friday," I say and watch her smile brighten up her face.

"Perfect! I'll cook accordingly then! Have a safe flight and see you this week-end!" she cheers, pointing her cheek for a peck which I willingly give her, chuckling at her motherly tone.

I don't know what these two - Tony and Liz - talk about at nights, and I normally wouldn't care, but I like the idea that they both seem to appreciate Liam. Who wouldn't anyway? He is such a sweet person... From what Aaron told me over the phone this afternoon, Jeremy also enjoyed his company on Sunday afternoon, though I'm not surprised because Jeremy is a very easy-going person and everybody likes him, making the young man one of the most popular Subs of the club. This is also why I asked him to talk with Liam; I knew that he would make him feel comfortable. I wish he would find a new Dominant like the one he had before, this guy deserves a lot. What surprised me more though, was that Liam did enjoy himself too and openly expressed it. I was a bit scared that he would wrap up their conversation in a few minutes, so he might not be a lost cause in the end as far as making new friends is concerned.