Chapter 66 - Taking Risks

(Liam's POV - Fri. 16 May 2014)

For the first time this week, I get out of the car absolutely carefree and completely happy. I don't give a damn about the looks I get from the people who see me get out of the boss's car and I don't even blush. I am just too damn happy to care anymore. And more importantly, I am exceedingly proud that I was able to lie to Joshua just a minute ago without him having any doubts when he proposed me to join him for lunch. Of course I intend to join him and Tony! But I certainly won't tell him and it will be a little surprise.

I do have a shit load of work but as he said, if we stay late enough in the office tonight, I will easily be able to catch up on what I have to do and going out for an hour shouldn't be too much of a problem. Maybe I should ask Allan first but I doubt that he will cause any problems if I tell him that I meet Joshua for lunch.

A couple of other guys that I don't know are waiting by the elevator and I patiently stand behind them before the doors finally slide open. The two other men press the eleventh and twelfth buttons, indicating that they work for the Pierce Works subsidiary, while I press the fifteenth. Just as the doors are about to close, someone jumps in and hits the seventeenth button. I discreetly glance up and see my worst professional nightmare smirk at me. Dominic. What the hell is he doing here? If he has a car, shouldn't he be taking the lift from the underground parking rather than the ground floor? He starts a brief conversation with the other men, complaining that his car broke down last night and that he had to use public transportation today. That provides me with an answer to my question and it makes me smile inwardly. Yes, I admit it. I might be a meanie for being delighted at someone's problems, but I certainly won't take pity on that man.

My light mood quickly fades away when the last of the two guys gets out on the twelfth floor, leaving me alone in the elevator with this homophobic dude. Thank God, he remains silent while I completely ignore his presence; however, when I get out on my floor, I do hear a whispered bye slut fag as the doors shut in my back. Enough is enough. The guy didn't even have the balls to tell me face to face and waited for the last second to spit out his insults. Honestly, I don't give a shit about what he thinks, but I doubt he would dare say the same to Joshua. The asshole is actually quite dumb. Does he really believe that I will keep this to myself forever and that I might not tell on him to my lover who happens to be his CEO?

I am a hundred percent sure that he knows about my relationship with Joshua, attracted as he is to gossips. The more I think about it, the more I believe that Derek is the one who started the rumors about Joshua and me a few weeks ago when he saw us in the coffee room. I wouldn't be surprised that Derek eavesdropped on us and told it to his fellow employee; and Dominic must have been the one spreading the rumor on all the floors. Now his attitude is really starting to get on my nerves and if I remember well, Elena and Ally told me that I should report him after he called me lady that day at the canteen. The girls guessed that it wasn't the first time that Dominic was making fun of me. I just don't know how I should do that. Should I tell Elena since she is HR? Should I tell Allan because he is my boss? Or should I tell Joshua directly?

Determined not to waste my time on this stupid guy for now and to make sure that I will concentrate on my work in order to be able to meet my lover for lunch, I put these thoughts aside and decide that I will think this over later this afternoon. Or I might simply tell Joshua over lunch. But for now, I'd rather spend my time usefully and surprise Joshua at noon. He looked pretty worried last night and I think that a little distraction at lunch will make him feel better, even if I would never pretend to be the solution to all his worries. He also seemed to really want me to join; his tone was almost begging and I admit that it makes me feel happy that I will be able to surprise him.