Broken Secrets

Hey guys! This is my first story to write on here so please don't be extremely cruel. lol. Leave me comments and vote if you like it. (:

*************************************************************************************************************

My name is Alyson Scott, Aly for short, I'm 17 about to be 18. I just moved with Mark aka my dad to Asheville, North Carolina. It has been hard since mom passed away two years ago. Dad has turned to alcohol as some kind of release. I don't know why, but ever since he started drinking he has been extremely violent as well. He lost his job back in Oklahoma and decided we'd move across the country to boring ol' North Carolina.

We've been in the truck for 15 hours, my legs are cramped and I'm exhausted from helping him move all the furniture to the uhaul. The ride so far has been silent except for the constant noises of the tires going over bumps. I sighed and rested my head on the window and wondered how life can go from perfect to hell in just a short amount of time.

"Aly." my dad said as he broke the silence. I sat there and ignored him.

"mhmm?" I stated not really in the mood for his shit right now.

"We're about to be there sweetheart." He replied. The thing about dad is that when he isn't drinking he is so nice but when the alcohol hits his veins, his temper comes out. He is drinking more and more everyday. I walk on egg shells around him, never knowing which mood he is in.

"Yay." I responded clearly not interested in conversating with him. In the last two years I have had more bruises, cuts, and scrapes than I have ever had before.

"You can at least be a little more enthused dammit." He said. I ignored him. "Great." I thought to myself. He is already pissy and we aren't even there. Unpacking is going to be so fun. Another 30 minutes went by and we turned into a driveway and pulled down about a half mile then a big white and tan stone two story house came into my view. I saw my black slug bug outside. To say the house was beautiful would be an understatement. IT WAS AMAZING. The windows had brown wooden shutters the upstairs had a balcony. The grass was all a pretty deep green. I hopped out of the truck and looked around. The other houses in the neighborhood were just as nice.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed. I was mesmerized by this new place I called home. I wasn't thrilled about moving but moving to such a nice area isn't so bad.

"You like?" my dad asked.

"HELL YEAH!." I yelled. He laughed and handed me the keys to the house while he unlocked the uhaul I went inside to have a look around. Everything was perfect in the house, there was a total of 5 bedrooms. The whole upstairs was for me, which had one bedroom with an ensuite bathroom. I got a balcony!

"ALYSON?" My dad yelled.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Get down here and help me move this shit!" he yelled back. I quickly ran down and started helping him move stuff inside. It took about 2 hours to get it all inside. "You think you can set all this shit up by yourself? I'm exhausted from driving and I want to go to this bar up the road." he said. "Yeah, I can handle it.". Oh boy, I thought to myself that this night isn't going to end well. With that he got the keys to his truck and left me all alone to deal with unpacking all the boxes. I plugged my ipod into my ears and began unpacking. The house already had the basic stuff like two big brown couches and a flat screen tv and dinner table and beds. I just had to put away things like clothes and dishes. Then I had to make the beds and hang up pictures. After I was done I ran upstairs and jumped in the shower. I was tired and just wanted to sleep. I got out dried off and quickly put on my pj shorts and tank top and dozed off into a light sleep.