Chapter# 43

Unedited.

~*~

"Amma-bi, someone is on the door." Shahina murmured half-awake but didn't get any answer from the sixty-five-year-old head housemaid whom they all called 'Amma-bi'. The knock on the door didn't stop nor Shahina move from her place, she is not an early morning riser but no one knows it expects Amma-bi.

With a displeased face she got up from the bed, grabbed her dupatta and opened the door, "Amma-Bi, the door is unlocked. Why are y-"

Shahina stopped in the middle when she didn't find Amma-bi at the door. She looked outside but was unable to see a single soul.

Was I imagining it???

Scratching her head, she went back to the bed again and covers herself in the blanket again.

~*~

Yawar let out a sigh of relief when he heard the door closing sound.

'What the hell was I thinking?'

Rushing towards the Main House wasn't unintended, he decided to tell Shahina about Moosa but after reaching here he got unsure of his decision. Therefore, he hid in the next room to Shahina's.

'The first one to know about MB should be Bhabi.' He reminded himself and carefully left the room. Praying that no from the ladies sees him coming from this direction.

"Yawar?" He was silently making his way to his room when Natasha's voice stopped him.

Great! I am definitely going to be scolded again...

"Assalam o Alaikum, Api."

"Wallaikum Assalam." She said with a wide smile.

So she knows...!

Thought Yawar and smiled back.

"Congratulations." She engulfed him into a tight hug.

"Same to you." He hugged her back.

"Did you tell her?"

"Who?" He quickly apart himself.

Instead of answering him, Natasha turned her head to the direction Yawar was coming from and turned again to him.

"No."

"Then why did you go there?"

"It thought Bhabi has the first right."

"Hm!... You are right. But I don't think she would be able to wait until he came back. So it's better not to tell her anything until we are sure of his time of arrival." Yawar nodded in agreement.

"Anyways, have you eaten anything?"

"No."

"Then come with me, I will make breakfast for you." Natasha patted his back and they both went to the kitchen.

~*~

Amma-bi noticed the serenity of Yawar's face and the happiness in his voice and so does Kanwal. But unlike Amma-bi she confronts him as soon as she got an opportunity.

"You are dodging the topic again."

"For God sake Bhabi. How many times will you ask this question?" Yawar was trying to leave his room but Kanwal was standing in the middle of the door to stop him.

"Kanwal Bhabi, you are really behaving like Mahnoor Bhabi right now." He got a bit irritated.

"So what? I am her friend."

"Bhabi...please!"

"Just give me a hint Yawar, I am not asking for details."

"I cannot. Try to understand. My hands are tied."