Chapter # 33

Unedited.

It was ten in the morning, Kanwal and Shahina were ready to prepare the breakfast when Ahad come yawning in the kitchen. Since Shahina came into this house Kanwal has freed the cook from morning duties. Both of them made it together or sometimes when Ahad is in the mood, he would try his cooking abilities too. But today its just Kanwal and Shahina ruling over the kitchen. Being a quiet and shy person makes Shahina a good listener and for Kanwal, it was all she needed.

"Subah bakhair, khawateen (Good morning ladies)." Ahad smiled coming over to Kanwal.

"Why... don't we have Halwa Puri* today? If you haven't cook anything yet."

Kanwal instantly turned off the stove and tell Shahina to put the eggs into the refrigerator again.

"Okay, its settle then." Ahad turned on his heels and left. A few moments later both Kanwal and Shahina heard the door knocking sound followed by Ahad's voice. Saying, "Dear guest, it's already morning. When are you going to give us the privilege to see your face? Your Bhabi wants to eat Halwa Puri today, won't you buy it for her? I am sure you want to replay yesterday's tea favour right?"

Kanwal panicked and ran towards the living room, followed by Shahina.

"For God's sake Ahad. What are you doing?" She said pulling him away from the guestroom.

"What? Just waking up our guest." He said nonchalantly.

"Are you out of..." Remembering Shahina's presence in the same place, Kanwal refrained herself from taking out her anger.

"Assalam o Alaikum." On Yawar's voice, both turned towards the guest room and find Yawar there with a strange expression on his face. Kanwal quickly left Ahad's arm and walk over to him.

"Wallaikum Assalam. I am really sorry for disturbing you."

"Don't say such words Bhabi, please. I can at least aspect this type of teasing while visiting Ahad Bhai." He smiled glancing Ahad behind Kanwal. She turned around and saw a satisfied smirk on Ahad's face.

"Well, I will get someone to bring us breakfast." Said Ahad.

This man...

With clenched jaws, Kanwal glared Ahad's back as he walked outside the house and noticed that Shahina was nowhere to be found.

Where did she go?

Thought Kanwal before start walking to the kitchen but soon was stopped at Yawar's voice.

"Um, Bhabi, can I have a glass of water?"

"I will bring it."

"No, it's okay. I can take it, the kitchen is there right?" He said pointing towards the kitchen.

"Yes." Kanwal said and start leading the way.

As Yawar appeared in the kitchen Shahina quickly straightened herself and Salam him. He nodded while answering her and turned to Kanwal who was pouring water for him. For a few moments, an awkward silence hung among them until Kanwal broke it.

"So Yawar,... what do you study?"

"Engineering." He said in a straight tone, like telling her not to ask more than this.

Kanwal wasn't naive either, she got the silent message he tried to send her. Therefore, she cleverly changed the topic from Yawar to Shahina.

"Shahina is also studying engineering, right? I wonder how you people can handle maths."

"Its easy for me, usually girls have problems with maths."

"I agree with that, what about you?" She turned to Shahina to take her suggestion.