Nightmares Alike (Annie)

Annie
I sit on the bed, twiddling with my wand when Draco comes into the room with his wand raised to meet my chest.
"Draco? Baby, what are you doing?" I ask him softly, tears filling me eyes.
He doesn't reply after some time, a grim expression on his face. "I have too, otherwise the Dark Lord will give you the utmost painful death he can think of. I'm protecting you by killing you," he begins. "I have no choice, Annie,"
I bite my lip and keep my eyes trained on his, trying not to notice the his wand dropping slightly. "Draco, please. Please don't do this. We can go to Dumbledore, he'll hide us and your mom. Listen to me, Draco. He won't be able to hurt us if we go into hiding," I try to say clearly but gently.
His wand hand drops slightly more. Then he shakes his head. "You know what I have to do to him. He won't live long enough to to be able to protect us." He says, slightly disappointed.
I shake my head. "Have you heard of a secret keeper, Draco?" I ask him,
He hesitates but nods nonetheless.
"Well, if Dumbledore is our secret keeper, then he'll die with that secret, only he'll know our location and if he does die with that secret, we'll be safe." I try to reason with him. "Because no one else will know,"
He shakes his head. "I'm sorry Annie Potter. I truly am. I love you more than anything and I was going to ask you to marry me when this was all over, but I'm afraid that will never happen." He whispers emotionally.
"I love you too, Draco. You don't have to do this. But if you shall, just know that I forgive you and I'll wait on the other side for you," I whisper to him, putting my head down and setting my wand down on the side of the bed.
"Avada Kedevara." He whispers sadly.
I jolt awake by someone shaking my arms lightly. I open my eyes in alarm and looking at Draco through bleary eyes. It was just a dream. I think as I sigh and look at the time. 5:00 A.M.
"Are you alright Annie?" He asks worried.
I nod my head slightly, tears pooling in my eyes. "Just a nightmare. I'm sorry I woke you up," I whisper to him.
He shakes his head. "I've been up doing some work. What was your nightmare about?" He asks tentatively.
I bite my lip and look away from him, only for him to put his hand under my chin and turn it back to face his. "You can tell me anything," he whispers to me.
I smile gratefully at him before it falls and I begin my story. "I was sitting on the bed in our bedroom, playing with my wand and thinking about us when you came into the room with your wand pointed at my chest, looking frightened." I begin.
He seems to know where this is going, but stays quiet.
"I asked what you were doing and-" I choke back a sob. "And you said that you had to kill me otherwise Voldemort was going to kill me painfully-" I sob.
Tears are welling up in Draco's eyes as I stop to collect myself.
"And I told him that Dumbledore could hide us, I-if we asked him," I sigh shakily. "And y-you claimed that he wouldn't live long enough to to hide us, so I tried reasoning with you that Dumbledore could be our secret keeper-" I let the tears pool down my cheeks and hit my lap. "Be-cause he would d-die with that secret and no-one would know where we were hiding-" I bite my lip harshly. "And no-one would know where to look, but-" I close my eyes. "But you said that you had too. You said it was too late, so you told me that you were sorry, that you were planning on marrying me someday but it was impossible now,"
Tears are running down his cheeks, pooling around his 5 o' clock shadow.
"And I responded that I wanted you to know that I forgive you, that I would be waiting on the other side for you when the time came." I choke slightly on my words. "And then-" I sigh heavily. "You said the cursed words, and then I woke up," I finished breathily.
      His tears are thickly running down his cheeks, looking miserable. I know the feeling. He takes a few short breaths before curling me into his chest and petting my hair.
"I'm so sorry, Annie. Just know that j would never do something like that intentionally." He whispers into my hair.
I nod my head ruefully. "I know baby, I know you would never hurt me. Voldemort's dead now. He can't hurt us," I whisper to him. "You are the strongest person I know and I want  you to be brave just one more time, for me." I whisper soothingly into his ear. "Because I have something that I want to tell you,"
He pulls back to look at me with a curt nod.
"Draco, you're going to be a dad," I whisper to him, placing he hand on my stomach.
He doesn't seem to comprehend what I'm saying. Then his face breaks into a face-splitting grin and he envelopes me tightly. "Oh. My. God," he whispers.
Happy, joyous tears run down my face this time and I watch as he looks down at my stomach and leans forwards to brush his lips against mine before leaning down and speaking to my stomach.
"Hey there, baby. It's daddy. I want you to know that you are loved, that I will always protect you, and that one day maybe you'll become a big brother or sister!" He whispers lovingly.
I giggle happily. "C'mon. We should be getting to bed. We have a long day ahead of us," I whisper to him.
He sighs contentedly. "You're right," he whispers before cuddling into my neck and falling asleep.