Chapter 19 Hey "Brother"

(Song: Goodnight from Undertale)

The mutant blood could no longer be in the room. Stumbling in through the hallway with an unfocused mind and a bland look in his eyes as though he were seeing into a world unique from his own. Reaching the living area he stopped at the archway, hearing the indistinctive chatter of a few of his friends, like little birds chirping about in a cage that was the hollow of his thoughts. His eyes fell on Aradia,Terezi, Jade, Dave, John, Tavros, Nepeta, Equius, Mituna, Latula, Kankri, Cronus, Porrim, Kurloz, even Meenah, and who he begrudgingly acknowledged as Gamzee. Why were they here though? It was probably Feferi that told them. That damn hieris couldn't keep her mouth shut to save her life...or Eridan's.

He could only guess part of why they were here was curiousity of troll eggs on the kids half and the trolls were friends with Sollux. Cronus was obviously here for Eridan's sake. "Woah, dude what is on your hands?" Dave was the first to speak. "ITS BLOOD, SM3LLS LIK3 PLUMS." Terezi replied, her giggly tone was no where to be found. "Karkat, where is S0llux?" "Karkitty, why ar3 m3w cov3r3d in blood?" "Karkat, are you alright?" "Karkat, if this is a prank, it's not funny!" "Mutant, e%plain y0urself." "KaRbRo?" The dancsestors stayed quiet, especially Kurloz. They weren't new to seeing tragedy, it was there immediate guess that something had gone wrong.

The questions flooded in like a tidal wave. His gaze dropped to the floor, swaying steadily from left to right his legs collapsed underneath him as though someone had swung in axe into them. The blood was still wet and fresh dripping from his hands, staining his clothes, a smear drawn on his cheek. "Chief, vwhat happened to Eridan?" Cronus sounded the most worried out of all of them. It started as with a few labored huffs from him before he broke down in a high pitched whine that soon became cries of crestfallen dispair. The Vantas' sanity crumbling as he bawled his eyes out, holding his shoulders, vigorously running his clawed, bloodstained hands through his hair turning it into a rats nest. His body shook uncontrollably, being racked with sobs. Mumbling incoherent apologies through gritted teeth as he held in the erge to scream unholy profanities. Kankri elbowed Cronus who stood in a daze, his face contorted in fear and slight regret like he'd blamed himself for whatever had happened. Kankri steadily walked over; kneeling down in front of Karkat, reaching his hands forward to hold the despondent troll. As much as he disliked physical touch, Karkat was like a human sibling to him if not a morial figure, it would have made him feel guilty if he didn't show some sort of compassion or sympathy to him. "Cr9nus, g9 see what's g9ing 9n." Cronus nodded hesitantly Walking past Kankri and the broken troll he comforted.

The highblood's hand flinched, feeling the cold metal doorknob, truly uncertain whether or not he should dare to open it and cast his eyes upon what lie behind it. Curiosity kills, and he was it's next victim. Grasping the door knob, the door slid open.
Sollux, cradled Eridan to his chest, pressing his head to the crook of his neck. Eridan's arms limp down and his body already began to become stiff as it lost it's warmth. The entire lower part of the bed coated in the royal purple of the prince, Kanaya still working her best to stop the bleeding. 'The body must be presentable for the funeral, I guess.' Sollux, still whispering sweet nothings into the soon to be corpses ear. He wanted run over there, snatch the one he called a brother from the Gemini's hands and hold him forever more. When a delicate and feminine hand placed itself on his shoulder. Cronus immediately reacted rather defensively, his entire body jerking away from the sudden touch. Rose. She spoke with a soft tone, one softer than the sympathetic look she was wearing. "Sit, Kanaya and Porrim will handle it, we're glad you're here." He could only think 'why? '. What made him so important at this very moment? His "brother" was dead. His "brother" should be the only priority!

"Vwhat do you..." She grabbed his wrist and lead him to sit next to the bed. "Stay here, Cronus, time is something we can't afford to waste." Rose opened the door turning on one week before she left. "Feferi, we need to get Sollux to calm down and move him into another room if this is going to work." Rose left swiftly, hurrying into the room where their friends sat in utter confusion. She didn't pay any mind to the crumbling mutant who lamented in his dansestor's arms, walking past him she took Porrim by the hand. "Kanaya needs you, it's of the utmost importance that you come with me immediately." Without choice she was dragged into the room where her thoughts were discarded. Porrim couldn't help but feel her tears begin to peer out of her eyes as she stared upon the grieving shell of a man who wouldn't dare to let go of his matesprit's chilling hand.

Feferi whispering assuring words into the yellow bloods ear, gently uncurling his fingers from Eridan's. "S)()()(, ITS OKAY SOLLUX, -ERIDAN'S GONNA B-E OKAY." Sollux felt like he'd been disconnected from his mind, like it had been cut from him. Like Eridan was cut from his legs in the game, and Sollux was cut off from the world of color and meaning. It was the same stomache wrenching horror filled nightmare all over again, only he was forced to see, not blessed with the blindness and frozeness of his emotions. The scars from his eyes we're replaced onto his heart, there forever more permanently. "DONT YOU WANNA S-EA T)(-E E-GGS?" The heiris slowly guided Sollux out of the room.

Kanaya sighed, breathing out her stress and anxiety and letting herself relax for only a moment as she dried up the last of the blood. Turning to her dansestor, she took a deep breath; preparing herself. "Porrim, He's Going To Need Blood." Her eyes shifted to Cronus who sat in the same daze as Sollux. It takes at least several minutes for a seadweller to officially die considering their bodies are stronger, and if they we're lucky, all the oxygen hadn't quiet depleted from Eridan's brain yet. "You Know What To Do, Porrim." The eldest jade blood grabbed a lonely cup of water that sat on a nightstand next to the bed. She took steady breaths to calm her shaking hands, pouring the liquid onto the feathers of Eridan's gills that began to dry out. Placing her green lipstick coated lips on the seadweller's she blew air into his lungs. She'd studied quite well for this in her spare time in the bubbles and when she was younger, and very gladly now so. "Rose, Bring The Transfusion Kit." Kanaya ordered her matesprit who quickly complied bringing her the box that held all of what she needed.

Once the blood was flowing in Eridan's system, Porrim put her head to his chest, hearing the faintest rythem of his heart beat. "I Can Hear His Bl+o+od Pumper, It's N+ot Very Pr+ominent But It's There At Least." Porrim smiled. "He's Going To Be Alright Then." Kanaya leaned against the side of the bed closing her eyes in satisfaction. "I'll do the honors of telling Sollux and Karkat I suppose." Rose cocked and eyebrow in which Kanaya grinned at her, nodding for her to do so. "Yes, I Believe Karkat Has Weeped Enough For Last Few Hours." Rose turned on one heel and left, figuring she'd tell the new father first her ears we're lead into the room in which she heard the soft cooing from Sollux. Upon opening the door she found the Captor lying face down on the bed with his arms wrapped around the bundle of eggs, most likely asleep. It's best he rest though, Eridan's revival should be a wonderful surprise for when he awakens.

Closing the door ever so softly, she strode down the hall stopping at the archway where Karkat had been in tears over what he thought was the death of his dear morail. "Karkat, R9se is here." Kankri nudged Karkat, who refused to face what he could only think was her reporting that the violet blood had finally passed. "Karkat, Eridan is fine, he's sleeping right now in the other room." Rose assured him, only to watch his head shake viciously. "DONT FUCKING LIE TO ME!" The angry troll hissed in the anguish of his lost."Karkat, if you do not believe me you are more than welcome to see him as long as you're quiet, he's very weak and needs rest." But Kankri stopped her, suggesting otherwise. "May6e he sh9uld sleep first as well, he has wasted all his energy 9n bawling himself t9 death 9ver here." He gazed a sympathetic eye to Karkat, rubbing his back supportively. Rose nodded and smiled at Karkat.

(It's okay guys.)
(Eridan, is going to be okay. ∪ˍ∪)
(I would have updated sooner but I've been sleeping like crap these past few nights. ::>_<::)
(Happy reunions shall be in the next chapter. (='.'=)🌸🌹🌷🌻🌺💐🌼)
(Thank you for reading (=^.^=))