Chapter 9: The Morrow

Things were kind of bad.

Chiron sat us all down around his desk, with some objections to having Leo in the room, but I'd insisted. Strangely enough, he'd relented. I took that as a morbid sign.

The letter, as I'd suspected, was from the TARDIS crew; Amelia Pond and the Doctor.

Its contents were short, and the handwriting scruffy, but the message was clear enough. Apparently, my time stream had been locked- whatever that meant-until tomorrow at nine o'clock in the evening, and judging by the set of coordinates they gave, they were going to pick me up in the heart of the forest. They'd wait for half an hour, and then leave, if I decided to join them.

"Ok then," I sighed after reading the letter out loud, letting the paper drop to my lap.

"Do you have a question, Leo?" Chiron asked, regarding the demigod's priceless face.

"Yes, several," Leo replied, "Who wrote the letter, what do they have to do with Lucy and can I have a glass of soda?"

I smiled at his words, but the tone behind them was not good, exactly like the music Chiron played from his boom box.

Annabeth sighed in frustration, leaning against the doorframe and yelled out, "Dionysus! We need a Coke in here!"

There was an answering grunt, most likely from the once-god being wrenched from sleep and fumbling around the Big House.

"I had a run in with a bunch of time travelers at the orphanage, and now they're coming to pick me up," I sighed, leaning forward and bracing my arms on my thighs, moving the page beside the armrest.

When the Doctor said he'd come back for me all those years ago, I'd come to believe he wasn't serious. When I moved to Camp Half-Blood, I'd farewelled any notion that the madman in a tweed suit and his Scottish friend were coming to whisk me away anytime soon.

And of course, they chose now to come back into my life, when things were finally beginning to go smoothly.

For time travelers, they had extremely poor timing.

"And you're telling me this now?" Leo exclaimed, his flung out arms nearly hitting the ancient computer Chiron insisted on keeping. The centaur's blink was the only indication that he was surprised at the action.

"I would've sounded crazy," I insisted, "and I didn't think I'd ever see them again."

Leo grasped his cheeks in consistent shock, "But that would have been the coolest icebreaker ever!" His face fell, considering his word choice. "Wait."

I rolled my eyes in disbelief that the same person who made the Argo II could say something like that.

Annabeth, judging by her frustrated groan, shared the same opinion.

There was a knock on the door, and Mr. D, with his tiger-striped Hawaiian shirt buttoned badly and sleep blazing his eyes, held out a plastic cup of Coke. "You kids needed some Coke?"

Leo's eyes widened as if it was the holy grail. "That's me. Thanks, Mr. D!"

The wine god stomped into the room, swiftly handed Leo the cup and instantly retreated to his slumber, only mumbling, "Anytime, hotshot."

I raised my eyebrows at the somewhat endearing nickname, a courtesy extended to no one else I'd seen. Annabeth and I looked at each other, and I knew she was thinking the same thing. It must've been his fatigue. Poor Greek gods, needing to keep up with their beauty sleep schedule.