Chapter 15: Hello, Sweetie

"Is it like this where you're from?" Daniel asked, gesturing to the garden around us. The day was bright and the sun beat down as hard as it could in England, making the small white wildflowers which sprung all over the grasses stand out like flags of surrender. The trees were painted in dazzling shades of green and vibrated with power, baby pink flowers, similar to their white variants, were speckled around as well.

The thought of Daniel thinking Calypso, a woman who'd entered the world in black leather, would come from a place like this was hilarious. Then again, he'd been trying to figure out my history for months.

"Like a cutesy garden?" I asked, "No."

There was a Scottish tinted laugh from the hall on the other side of the garden. Amy's laugh. Fitting, for her wedding. She'd worked hard for it; after all, we'd just rebooted the universe.

Trust me, you don't want me to explain how it had happened. The talk of cracks in time, the Pandorica, and plastic Romans was still confusing to me. Either way, it had to lead to Daniel and I being stuck in the TARDIS in a time loop.

"It seems like the kind of place a daughter of Demeter would grow up," Daniel sighed, leaning on the gates of the garden and looking out at the plain grassy hills which extended out past the hall. He'd absolutely cracked it at the Doctor when we'd found out about our fate when he'd returned, exiled to the TARDIS for an indefinite amount of time. Don't ask me how, because I didn't even understand.

"Don't sorry me!" Daniel had exploded, standing up from where he'd been seated, "You've locked us up in here for months, and now we're stuck here forever! We could die in here!"

The Doctor couldn't meet Daniel's eyes when he approached, the demigod's shoulders expanding like a drenched sponge. "You're God Lords, you'll regenerate," he murmured.

"Calypso might, but we don't know about me."

"There's only one way to find out."

The God Lord sighed, and ran a hand through his hair, turning away from the Doctor in anger. "We had lives on Earth you know. We had family and friends of our own. Maybe your lack of species hinders your understanding."

Daniel had then spun on his heel and raced to his room.

Looking at him now, with pale yellow sunshine in his face, it was hard to imagine the level of anger which he'd displayed all those months ago. He was stoic, even his suit didn't rustle in the soft summer wind. I'd never been more confused as to who his godly parent was.

There were times when I believed that he was a child of Aphrodite or Ares. But some days the darkness in his eyes, the strength in his blows, both physical and verbal, made me wonder if his parents were of darker stock than mine.

Than any of ours.

I scoffed, rejoicing in the feeling of the skirt of my dress fluttering around my legs, relieving after an eternity of tight pants. The material was brighter and more Lucy than I'd worn since longer than I could remember; navy blue and dotted with flowers similar to those in the garden. I'd even swapped my usual boots for Converse.

"What about her sons?" I asked, "You can't stereotype these things, Daniel."

He smiled, so similar to the Doctor when I'd forgiven him for what he'd done all those months ago.

As much as I wanted to pummel what little remained of the Doctor's eyebrows off his face after Daniel had stormed off way back when I knew I would have done the same. To save Dorothy, and Annabeth, and Will and Leo, I would have done the same thing.