The Unexpected Proposal

The water glistened in the sunlight. It was only 6 o'clock, but the sun was already starting to set. A boy with bright emerald eyes sat at the edge of a lake, the razor-sharp wind ruffling his raven hair. It was cold. Far too cold for the end of Autumn. The wind stung his eyes and they started to water, though he barely noticed. A million thoughts spun through his mind, keeping him too preoccupied to notice anything not going on in his head. He wanted to say his thoughts out loud, hoping it will help him decide what to do and how to do it, but someone could easily sneak up behind him and hear him make a fool of himself. The roaring winds clung his clothes tightly to his body, too thin to keep out the chill.

"You're gonna get hypothermia out here in those clothes" a very familiar voice said from behind him, making him jump. Ginevra Molly Weasley plopped down next to him and threw a thick wool sweater at him.

"Ya know, one of these days you're gonna give me a heart attack if you keep sneaking up on me like that. What's this?

"One of Charlie's old Weasley sweaters. Now put it on before you catch a cold. Mum would make an even bigger fuss over you than she already does. Honestly woman, the war was 6 years ago. The guy isn't in danger anymore. The only person trying to kill him is me when he forgets an important day or doesn't do something I tell him to do" He laughed while pulling the sweater over his head and felt a whole lot warmer. He never feels happier than when his girlfriend is next to him. Her fiery red hair practically glowed in the slowly fading sunlight, making her look like a goddess. He stared at her for a moment, in awe of her beauty.

"Harry? You ok?" Her voice snapped him back to reality. The small box in his pocket seemed to grow heavier, as if to remind him of what he wants to do.

"What? Oh, yeah. I'm fine. More than fine, actually now that you're here" he responded before giving her a peck on the lips. She smiled and took his hand into hers, fingers intertwined. She rested her head on his shoulder, watching the sun go down. It was beautiful, but all Harry could look at was her. Ginny. She was his calm in the middle of a storm. His crutch to lean on in times of trouble. They lay there for what seemed like eternity, talking about whatever. In that moment, just him and her outside on a beautiful day, he knew exactly what he needed to do. He twisted round to look at her.

"Hey Gin... I need to ask you something..."

"What is it?" She also turned to face him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the box he's been carrying for weeks. He took her hands and stared into her gorgeous chocolate brown eyes.

"Ginny, you are probably the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Not only are you beautiful, but you're brave, loyal, funny, cunning, kind and so much more. You were there for me when I felt alone and believed me when almost no one else did. If it weren't for you, I would've given up trying to save the wizarding world a long time ago. When I was hunting for Horcruxes, the thought of you being alive was the only thing that kept me going. I love you so much, Gin, with all my heart. Will you marry me?" At first it was hard to think of what to say, but as he went on, the words started coming to him and it felt effortless. By the end of it, Ginny had tears in her eyes and she had a goofy grin plastered onto her face. Harry anxiously waited for her reply, hoping it hadn't been too soon. She threw her arms around him and kissed him.

"I'll take it that's a yes then?" They grinned at each other.

"Of course it is, you dumbo. Now gimme the ring" He took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto her finger. It fit perfectly. It only had a single stone, but Ginny thought it was gorgeous.

"It was my mum's. Hagrid gave it to me. Said he thought I might need it one day. Looks like he was right. It's a good thing yours fits, 'cause my dad's ring is far too big for me." Grinning, Ginny examined the ring.

"Give me it. Honestly Harry, are you a wizard or not?" She took out her wand and shrunk the ring down to fit Harry's finger. They laid there on the grass for a while, snogging and just lying in each other's arms, talking and enjoying each other's company. Soon, it was time for them to head back inside.

"Come on, it's getting dark, Gin. Your mum will be looking for us soon" Harry pleaded with his new fiancée. After 20 minutes of begging and persuading, Harry finally managed to get Ginny to go back into the Burrow, as long as he carried her back and that he was the one who told her parents, since he would get crushed in a hug first that way. With the red head on his back, Harry trekked back to the Burrow and carried her up the stairs to her room.

"So... which one of us is gonna tell my brothers about the engagement?"

Hey guys! I swear part two of Fancy Someone (I know, I know, I am the worst at naming things but just go with it, ok?) will be up soon, but I couldn't sleep and this kinda just poured out of me at 3am so I just had to post it. Huge thanks to my amazing beta readers VioletSheep and Writeaholic4567 for helping me out and proof reading my story. Also, if anyone has any requests for oneshots, please let me know 'cause I'm kinda out of ideas (for now. I swear I'm gonna be hit with an amazing idea at 4am tonight or something). See y'all when I finally stop procrastinating and just write! -Nadine