Density | Shadow Joker (Pt.2)

Hey guys! AnimeLover0706 here!

So, this is a part two of the Kaitou Shadow x (Dense!) Reader series :) 

There may be a chapter 3, depending on the length of this story.

Hope you enjoy!

Requested by: Denise_Is_Awesome 

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Shadow POV

Opening the wooden door, I stepped into the old room as my eyes met with a struggling person.

"Tch." I muttered- but as I was about to walk out through the door: My ears perked up at a familiar voice.

"Huh? Where is this place?"

I immediately turned around, facing the person that I had found uninteresting a few moments ago. Realizing who it really was, I was left speechless.

"(Y/N)?"

Her head turned towards me, as her eyes widened along.

"Shadow?"

"Is that really you?" I carefully asked, hoping for a yes, to be the answer.

"Shadow, yes, it really is me. It really is (Y/N)." she replied. I ran out of the shadows, my hat falling in the process. But I didn't care.

My eyes were only set on (Y/N).

(Y/N) POV

Confirming that the figure was Shadow, I immediately jumped out of the bed that I was laying in, running clumsily towards him. 

My eyes were only set on Shadow.

"WOAH!" My foot getting caught in the middle of the floorboard, I shrieked as I fell on top of Shadow. This had happened frequently since we were younger, which led Shadow into skillfully catching me by my waist.

"God (Y/N), nothing's changed about you, huh?" Shadow muttered as he held my waist tightly against his chest. It was well toned, I could tell. 

"Hee hee..." replying, I got up from his embrace as I looked at him. Nothing's changed about him either, except that- where was Rose? "Hey Shadow...?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Where's Rose?" 

There was a long period of uncomfortable silence followed by a pain-staking sigh. With that one gesture, I understood what he meant.

"Rose is... gone." Shadow began to shake, droplets of warm liquid slowly falling down from his cheeks. I could feel the teardrops forming around my eyes as I let them all out in once. Shadow once again, pulled me into his embrace as he began to shush me. 

"What do you mean by gone? Is she really g-gone from l-life?" I stuttered out like a broken machinery against his chest. "Please don't tell me that she's gone that way..."

"Rose isn't gone from life. She's just in a... typical coma. For years now. The only way to wake her up is by this man called Professor Clover. I've been working under him for years now, and that's one of the main reasons why I couldn't go visit you. I needed to keep you out of danger."

"If you worked for him so long, why isn't Rose waking up?" I was in need of my best friend- I wanted to see her- and I was in need of her: now. "Shadow, I want to see Rose."

A sigh was heard. "Are you sure about that?" 

"Yeah."

"Then follow me." Trailing him from behind, I made my way up towards a long corridor, into a wide hallway and finally, our destination: a circular stained-glass room. In the middle, there was a log-shaped glass case that had some tubes connected to it. And inside there, seemingly there was a person?

Gasping, I clasped my hands over my mouth in realization. The person inside was Rose, her breathing low and steady inside the glass cage. What had happened for the past years since I was gone?

"Rose have been this way since the past 4 years. There's almost no hope that she is going to wake up, but... I'm keep trying. I'm trying my best as a brother to help her wake up. I want to show her this beautiful world. Because that was our promise." Shadow spoke as his back was against the wall. Lifting himself up, he walked towards me. "Look, (Y/N), I don't know why you're here, for what reason you came here, but- I'm going to have to send you back." Judging by the tone of his voice, I knew that he was serious.

But I couldn't step back.

I needed to be with him, no matter what. 

We were separated once, and I didn't want to go through the pain of not seeing him again.

Taking in a deep breath, I looked at Shadow in the eye, and spoke.

"No, I'm not going."

Instantly, he perked his head up and looked at me. "You what?"

"I'm not going. I'm not going back to the village. You have no idea how painful it was during the last few years of my life. Living without you and Rose was like walking through the corridors of hell. I'm not going to go through the pain all over again, after finally finding you." I felt a warm tear slip down my cheeks, as Shadow came walking towards me.

"Are you serious about this? It's too dangerous for you here. I'm doing everything for your sake." Shadow spoke gently, as if I was a fragile china doll in his arms. Running into his arms, I felt my forehead bump into his well-toned chest. And I started crying madly.

"I'm, not, going." hiccuping in between, I managed to croak out. Shadow's hands ran softly through my hair. 

"Okay (Y/N). You don't have to go. You can stay here with me. We'll save Rose together." 

"You know Shadow?" 

"Yeah?"

"You smell really cozy." 

3rd Person POV

Shadow's face turned beet red, as (Y/N) lifted her head up and giggled.

"Oi, what are you looking at!" Shadow stuttered, as he turned his head away.

"Nothing, it's just that, your face is like a tomato!" (Y/N) giggled as she stretched out Shadow's cheeks. Pulling (Y/N)'s hand off of his face, he held her waist, and kissed her gently. 

However, (Y/N) had thought that it was a french kiss that Shadow was doing, and hugged him by the neck.

Shadow's face turned redder, if it was possible, as he let go of (Y/N)'s waist. As soon as he did that, (Y/N) smiled.

"Thanks for the french kiss Shadow!" 

"Wait wha? FRENCH KISS?" Shadow nodded his head unbelievably. "Thank god that your so dense, (Y/N)..." he muttered as he followed her outside the door.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

FINALLY, AFTER 2 MONTHS OF BRAIN WORK, IT IS PUBLISHED.

It will most likely be edited sooner or later, since this chapter is crappy. (I'M SO SORRY Denise_Is_Awesome!)

It didn't fit to the "personality" that you put up for me, but hopefully this was okay :)

Please stick with his until the next chapter, which is a Phoenix x Reader story! Stay tuned!

Okay then my readers, bye until next time!

-AnimeLover0706-