Forty Nine

Third Person

It was almost an hour since Bea left. Jhoana's getting worried.

She decided to go after Bea. She stood up quietly so she wont wake up others. She checked the other room but it was locked. "Hindi naman siguro kakatok si Bea dito para mang istorbo." She thought.

Lumabas siya at nag lakad lakad sa beach. She hugged herself because it was cold... and scary. She feels like someone's staring at her from a far.

She continued walking. She looked back to check if someone's following her. To her relief, there was none.

When she saw a tall figure that's looks like Bea, she ran towards her. And she was right: It was Bea.

"Ouch!" Bea exclaimed while holding her head. Binatukan siya ni Jho. "What's wrong with you?"

"'Wag mo 'kong ma-what's wrong, what's wrong with you diyan, Beatriz ah!" Jhoana said. She's worried sick for Pete's sake!

"Ba't ba hingal na hingal ka diyan?" Bea asked.

Jhoana bowed down then put her hands on her knee. She's catching her breath. "Eh loko loko ka pala eh! Ikaw 'tong nasa labas ng hating gabi tapos tatanungin mo 'ko ba't ako hingal na hingal?" Jho inhaled deeply then let it out. Umayos siya ng tayo. "Mamatay-matay ako kakahanap sa'yo. Feeling ko lalamunin na ako ng mga pagala-galang multo habang nag lalakad!"

Bea was about to say something when Jho interrupted her, "At utang na loob! I'm not overacting, Bea!" Bea sipped her mouth. "Nag-alala ako sa'yo, okay? Baka kasi may shokoy na humablot sa'yo! Next time na lalabas ka ng gan'tong oras, sabihin mo sa'kin, okay?" Bea nodded. Lumapit siya kay Jho then hugged her tightly.

"Bea! Hindi ako maka-hinga." Jho exclaimed.

Bea loosened the hug. "Sorry na, Jho. Akala ko kasi tulog ka na. Ayaw naman kitang istorbohin."

Jho sighed. "Kung akala mo tulog ako, pwes hindi. Kung tulog man nga ako, gisingin mo 'ko. I was so worried, Bea."

Bea's heart melted at the thought of Jho's getting worried about her. "Of course, she'd be worried. She's you bestfriend, silly." Bea thought.

She put her arms around Jho then messed her hair. "So sweet naman ng bestfriend ko. Sorry na ha. Hayaan mo next time, kapag naiihi ako ng hating gabi, gigisingin kita."

Jho held Bea's hand, she gave her a dagger look. "Subukan mo lang, Beatriz."

The latter smirked, "What? It was your idea, right?"

"E, idea ko ring suntukin ka. Gusto mo ba ha?" Jho said then put her fist against Bea's face.

Bea chuckled. "Just kidding, beh. Pero grabe yang imagination mo ha. Shokoy? Really?"

Jho squinted her eyes. "Eh anong gusto mo? Sirena?" She asked.

"Pwede... Mas better kesa sa shokoy."

"Edi mag pakuha ka sa sirena. Go!" Jho said pushing Bea towards the ocean.

The latter suppressed a laugh. "Joke lang, beh. Selos ka naman agad. I'd rather be with you. Yieeee." Bea said at inakbayan si Jho.

Jho blushed. "Tse!" She swatted away Bea's hand but the latter wouldn't budge.

"Sus. Kinilig ka rin e. Pasalamat ka, medyo madilim, hindi kitang namumula ka."

"Bwisit ka talaga!" Jho said then punched Bea lightly.

Bea laughed, "Bakit nga pala gising ka pa? Iniisip mo 'ko 'noh? Sabi na e, kaya hindi ako makatulog." 'Bea at ang kayabangan niya. Sabi na nga bang ayun sasabihin niya e.' Jho thought.