chapter 9

I looks at Pixie who was just as confused and panicked as I was. I rushed over to Charlie and checked her pulse.

She was alive.

Thank god! I don't know what I would do if she died I don't know if I could cope without her. I looked her over and came to the conclusion that she was fine apart from a bump on her head and a hand mark around her arm that was still red.

Pixie was working on the others, helping them up as they came around. One by one they came back awake, Charlie was the last and most confused. She looked around like she didn't have a clue where she was and struggled to talk.

"I think they were under a spell." Pixie explained when I turned to her, eyes filled with confusion and worry.

"What type of spell? She won't be like this forever?!..... Will she?" I started to panic.

"No! Don't worry, it will wear of in a few minutes." I sighed in relief and helped Charlie to her feet and over to the sofa where she sat down, looking around the room in a daze.

They were all confused at first, then all at once, they started to shout and swear. Talking about how Hugo's men had come and taken both of them. Blake and Charlie.

"How can he do that? I thought Rose was supposed to beat him not be taken!" Everyone watched as I sunk to the floor and tucked my knees up to my chest.

"Well, what do we do now?" One of Blake's men said looking at me.

I stared at him for a long moment then sighed and stood back up.

I turned to Pixie. "Can you do a locators spell?" She nodded her head and I motioned for her to go and do it.

"Can you get transport ready for all of us?" I looked at one of Blake's men and he nodded.

"You." I looked at another one of Blake's men." You can teach Charlie some self defence." He looked a little deflated, expecting a really good job, but Charlie was bound to surprise him.

She looked at me in shock." What? Your actually going to involve me?" She looked confused but eager at the same time.

"You didn't think I would let you sit this out? Unless you don't want to, I could always get you to help me with my job instead. It does mean you won't be able to come with so you will miss out on training and probably die." She gave me a smirk and jumped to her feet and ran upstairs.

"Where are you going?" I shouted as she was at the top of the stairs already.

"I can't train with these clothes on!" Her voice faded as she slammed the bedroom door that she had obviously stayed in last night.

I sighed and realised I was stood by myself in the living room. I looked around and listened as everything was silent.

Right , time to get on with my job.

***

I called my parents, and got them to send me pictures of our family grimoire, Which I didn't know existed, and looked for the right spell.

'To find a witch'

Right. So I needed a map of the location I was looking in, so I got one of the east coast of Yorkshire.

I needed my own blood, which wasn't a surprise to me anymore and I think I'm getting over my fear of blood now.

I also needed salt, 4 candles to represent north, east, south and west, and a bowl of boiled water.

I set it all out on the kitchen table. I placed the map in the middle, then made a large circle with the salt all the way around the kitchen. I had to make sure I was in the circle at all times once the circle had been completed, I lit the candles with some matches and placed them in north,south,east and west.