chapter 14

It took nearly all day to get up to Scotland,  the sky went dark ages ago, although that was more to do with the storm clouds that followed us.

I couldn't help but feel like they were a warning.

We stopped 3 times for toilet breaks and food, but we didn't stay long. We had just parked up in the hotel parking lot that we were staying at, and I was battling with the wheels on my suit case.

Pulling the handle with my left arm was proving to be more difficult by the minute. It was starting to hurt as I usually pull it with my right, but at the moment it is still out of service.

Once again, the suit case scraped on its side as the wheels swiveled round making it impossible to keep the suitcase up right.

I was loosing my patience,  everybody else was already near the entrance and I was not even half way there.

I saw Hugo walking towards me and i secretly felt relived that he was coming to help but I was too stubborn to let him know that.

"I'm fine, I got this." I said as he reached out to lift the suitcase by the side handle.

"No you don't." He plucked the suit case from my hands and lifted it with ease. I thought I had muscle.......
We walked to the entrance in silence.

" I think its going to rain...." I mused once again looking at the dark, swirling clouds.

Hugo also tipped his head up. "I think so too." He then gave me a smile.

I smiled back.

The attraction I had towards him was at its highest when he smiled at me. It made me feel..... all gooey inside......eww.

When we got to the entrance, everyone was in a line collecting room keys, some had already gone up to their rooms, others were sat in the lobby with phones out probably on the wifi, and some were still waiting.

The group in front of us were whispering quietly, but not quietly enough. I heard a few snippets.

"He likes her-"
"He loves her" someone cut the girl off to correct her.
"He is going to get us all killed"
"I trust him, well I trust him more than Blake...."

That statement hung in the air before the conversation started up again, but this time I didn't want to listen. I could feel the air between me and Hugo get very awkward. The memory of our kiss flashed to the front of my mind, and I felt my face get very warm, my palms got all clammy and I could feel my heart steadily getting faster as the silence continued. Then my whole body was warm. The whole room was warm.

Everybody was warm. As I looked around, people were looking around at each other confused, it seems everybody was getting warm as well.

I tried to calm down, but I got more embarrassed  when a witch looked me straight in the eye with a knowing glance between me and Hugo. She gave me a wink and then turned back towards the front of the cue. She took her key and walked towards the lifts, all the while I was staring daggers at her back.

I took two deep breaths and felt the heat leave my face, and then my body, and then the room, leaving a humid tinge to the air.

"Was that you? " Hugo asked.

I didn't answer, I just pretended i didn't hear and walked off to talk to the medic who was standing next to the window looking out at the clouds. Seems I'm not the only one who thinks something bad is about to happen.

"The clouds are a warning aren't they?" I asked as I approached Logan.

"Yes,  a subtle warning, but a warning still." He dropped his hand from the glass and reluctantly dragged his eyes to me.