Chapter 2

It had been a week since Skulduggery kissed Valkyrie and although Valkyrie was now eighteen she was wondering if her parents would approve of him. She got a knock on the front door while she was holding Alice; her parents were out for the night. She walked over to the door still holding Alice and opened it to see Skulduggery, who took her hand and kissed it.

"There is a special type of beautiful when seeing your beautiful lover holding a baby," he said with a smirk. Valkyrie laughed and Skulduggery kissed her cheek.

"So when do we tell the others about this? Its been a week."

"Preferably we don't. Id rather they not know until necessary. I know you want to tell Tanith, Love, but I'm concerned about Ghastly's reaction is all."

Valkyrie sighed and kissed him after she closed the door. She set Alice in her play pen so she could spend time with Skulduggery as well. Before long she was straddling him as a skeleton and kissing him. He supported her by placing his hands on her hips. Then he activated his facade and instantly regretted it. Valkyrie squeaked in surprise when she felt his erection, which neither knwe was possible since the facade was just a magical disguise. They both blushed, especially Valkyrie.

"Y-you feel really big....."

"I won't lie to you. The facade is rather large."

Valkyrie gulped and just sat there with eyes closed in fear. Skulduggery pulled her so she was laying on his chest.

"Val, I would never hurt you. And I don't plan on taking you anytime soon. Not until we're both ready."

Valkyrie nodded and was still shivering. She knew that day would probably hurt like nothing she has ever faced as of yet. But she would be ready when that day comes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They were fighting more Disciples of the Faceless Ones and Skulduggery pulled Ghastly out of the way of an attack as Tanith took the guy down. Valkyrie was trying to cover Skulduggery when one grabbed her and bound her magic before holding her at gunpoint. Everyone stopped and Valkyrie was starting to cry. She normally never cried but all her stress and fear hit her all at once. She cried for Skulduggery to help her.

Ghastly made no sudden movements and Tanith was in his arms. Skulduggery had his facade on and his lips curled in an enraged way as he deactivated it and Valkyrie saw dark shadows flit about inside his eyes.

"Get your bloody hands off her. Now. Or I will paint the building behind me in your blood."

The guy laughed despite the fact he knew Skulduggery would do something. Ghastly and Tanith looked at Skulduggery. He was angry. They both knew he cared for Valkyrie but they didn't know what to do to help her. The guy twisted Valkyrie's arm and she whimpered. Skulduggery snapped and attacked the guy so quickly he was dead before he even had a chance t o react. He unbound Valkyrie and held her close as she cried into his rib cage. He rubbed her back soothingly promising that he won't let this happen again. He didn't care if anyone was watching. He made her look at him a moment before gently pressing his teeth to her soft warm lips. Ghastly stared as Tanith gasped before squealing. Skulduggery pulled away and walked with her back to the others. Ghastly pulled him away.

"How long Skulduggery? How long have you gone behind my back on this?"

"I never went behind your back Ghastly. You said to think this through and I have. We've been seeing each other for a week."

Ghastly almost punched him if it weren't for Valkyrie and Tanith both standing in the way.

"Of all the times for you girls to intervene. Fine. But Skulduggery, I expected you to make a wiser decision and not go after a girl four hundred years younger than you. Come on Tanith. Let's just get home."

And with that they were left alone with Valkyrie crying and Skulduggery holding her.