4) Dreams? Or Nightmares

The next time I opened my eyes, I was on my bed safe and sound. How did I get home? I got off my bed and scratched my head.

Maybe everything was a dream.

"Marcia! Come down for breakfast!" my father called.

I smiled at the sound of his voice.

"Just a minute!!" I said.

I quickly fixed my hair then rushed to rinse up in the restroom. When I finished I rushed downstairs to give him a wide hug.

"Papa! I've missed you!"

He laughed. "What do ya mean dear? I have been home the entire week. It's your mother you should be missing. She's been out with her job."

"Yes I miss mama too. I sure hope to see her soon," I reply.

I spent the regular Sunday with my dad cooking meals, listening to The Beatles and talking about almost anything.

It was great.
Until the next morning.

"Papa, what are you reading?" I asked.

My dad was reading the newspaper with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Don't you worry about it Marcia.." he sighed.

"Is it your job?" I ask and begin to pour a glass of orange juice for myself.

"No. it's your friend Bob."

"He's no friend of mine."

"Well he's dead."

I dropped my glass in shock. My dad stood from his chair.

"Marcia! Are you alright??"

I quickly bent down to pick up the glass. It slit my fingers and blood dripped. It hurted like hell.

"Sorry papa, please excuse me!" I say in a rush and leave with towels.

I quickly got dressed and rushed to school with my dad's car. Socs at school was so dull and upset.

I look around and see Cherry's car parked. Did I ever return it? Parking the car in the school lot, I got out and run to Cherry.

"Cherry! I ——"

"Bob's dead." she says solemnly.

Cherry's face was pale. She looked like she was insane and on the verge of breaking down. Her face brought images of Bob being shredded by Johnny in my head.

"I'm sorry......" I mumble and cover my mouth.

Cherry explained ,"They found him dead at the park alone.. It's everywhere in articles."

"Did the cops find the ones who did it?"

Cherry shook and cried, "it was a bizarre animal attack!"

I didn't believe it. It didn't make sense at all because Tulsa didn't have wild animals around. I knew everything I witnessed the nights before weren't dreams.

They were nightmares.

"Randy!!" Cherry called.

Randy was flustered but came to us. He twitched as he talked.

"If you're gonna ask me about Bob, the answer is I don't know. I cannot remember anything that night after the movies..."