Seventh- grade

13 years old

Nathan Ackerman was mad tired. He did not want to go to school. But then again he never wanted to go to school. With the strict teachers who hopelessly feel in love with his good attitude, with the eighth graders frowning each time they saw Nathan was taller than them, and the girls. Oh gosh, he didn't want to think about the girls.

The bus came on the avenue. He walked up the now familiar steps. "Hey Mike. How was the summer?"

The bus driver sighed. "Nathan. You have a heart of a good man."

Nathan laughed. "Riiiight."

The bus driver winked. "Now take a seat before you fall down and you break your neck."

"Mike that wasn't funny."

"It wasn't suppose to be."

He quickly sat down on the seat next to Lilian. He had agreed with Veronica that whoever got here first could sit where they wanted. Apparently Veronica decided to sit with her "friends" today.

Lilian laughed.

"What?"

She flicked his forehead. "You really like sitting next to me."

"You think I wanna spend the whole bus ride with Tony saying bro?"

She laughed again.

"I've been thinking about something a lot during the summer."

"Ooh Nathan!"

Nathan smirked. "You wanna know or not?"

"I have a choice?"

"Oh yea you're stuck with me!"

"Just say it Nathan!"

"I'm not gunna say it."

"Then why..."

"I'm gunna do it."

He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek.