0.2

CHAPTER TWO: THE WEIRDO ON MAPLE STREET. Part one.

"Did you run away? Are you guys in some kind of trouble? Is that blood?" Two of the boys asked, their questions overloading my brain.

Eleven and I looked at them, eyes wide until the one with longish black hair spoke up.

"Stop it! You're freaking them out!" He yelled, standing slightly in front of us.

"They're freaking me out!" The boy with the dark skin shouted.

"I bet they're deaf," The boy with the lisp stated.
He clapped, causing Eleven and I to flinch.
"Not deaf." He added.

"Alright, that's enough. They're just scared and cold." Black hair spoke, trying to control the two other boys.

"Here, these are clean." He said kindly handing a bundle to Eleven, he then turned to me smiled and said,
"I manage to swipe these out of my sisters laundry."

I was given something for my legs and something fleecy for my torso.

Eleven went to lift up her oversized shirt and all the boys freaked out.
"No, No! No! No! Oh my god!"
I stood in front of her protectively.

"See over there, that's the bathroom, privacy." Black hair spoke, his eyes soft and caring.

I took my sisters hand and pulled her over to the bathroom.

The boy went to close the door but Eleven put her hand in between.

"You don't want it closed?"

"No." She mumbled.

"Okay, so you can speak." The boys said grinning then continued, "Well..um..how about we just keep the door like this?" He whispered, keeping the door slightly open.

"Is that better?" He asked, looking up to me.

"Yes." I whispered.

He walked away to talk to the others whilst we changed.

Even though my undergarments were slightly wet, I kept them on knowing I wouldn't receive another (barb)bra.

              | | | | | | | |

"Here you go. This is my sleeping bag." The boy handed us a sleeping bag.
I moved it behind me and layed it flat on the blankets.

"Hey, um, I never asked your names?"

Eleven and I shared a look before holding out our arms to reveal our tattoos.
"Are they real??" He asked in wonder. He reach out to touch Elevens but she flinched back at he smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, I've never seen kids with tattoos before. What do they mean?" He asked.

I pointed to my 010, then to my myself.

"Ten, is that your name?" He asked. I nodded, the pointed to Eleven and spoke.
"Eleven."

"Well um, my names Mike, short for Michael. Maybe we can call you T short for Ten and El, short for Eleven."

We smile at the kind gesture Mike was making to make us feel comfortable.

"Night T, Night El." He said, getting up.

"Night Mike." We said together, making him pause slightly and smile at us before making his way upstairs, leaving one of the lights on.

I held Eleven in my arms the whole night, whispering reassurances and comforting words. Although we were similar in weight, I was tall and skinny, where Eleven, due to her age, was small and petite.

I cried that night, and I don't know whether it was out of relief and happiness or paralysing fear.

                | | | | | | |

"You guys want anything to drink? We have OJ, skim milk. What else- oh that's the living room." Mike rambled on as we walked around the house.

El and I walked into the room, puzzled looks on our faces.

"It's mostly just for watching TV." He said walking over to a square box.

"Nice right, it's a twenty two inch, that's like ten times bigger than Dustins." He stated, with a proud look on his face.

Eleven and I walked off uninterested. I walked over to a large cabinet where pictures of people were displayed. There was one of a girl my age, with beautiful long hair.

"Pretty." I whispered, stroking my shoulder, imagining what it would be like to have long hair.

"I guess, that's my sister Nancy." He then gestured to a family picture.

"That's baby Holly and that's my parents. What are your parents like?" He asked, we ignored him again but his happy persona didn't falter.

I stayed looking at the picture of Nancy, whilst Eleven walked over to a chair.

"That's out La-Z boy, my dad sleeps here sometimes. You can try if you want?" He offered, helping El climb on.

"Trust me okay." He reassured, then pulled gently on the side of the chair, causing it to be made into a bed of sorts. El smiled slightly, making me smile.

"Fun, yeah." He stated, "Now you try."

Eleven did as Mike had before and let out a small laugh when she was laid down.

I smiled at the two longingly, hoping that one day I would have a similar spark with someone.