0.3

CHAPTER TWO: THE WEIRDO ON MAPLE STREET. Part two.

Eleven and Mike were sat on the floor discussing his 'toys', I watched from his bed - amused at his enthusiasm towards my sister.

"His names Yoda. He can use the force to move things with his mind, like this," He chattered excitedly then threw his hands across his desk, disturbing the toys positions.
Eleven walked off, disinterested. I continued to watch, my eyes widening as his toy dinosaur growled.
Getting up from his soft mattress, I joined El at his dresser.

"These are all my science fair trophies. We got first every year, well, except for last year when we got third. Mr Clarke said it was totally political." Mike claimed, in an all knowing voice. I studied the trophies, gently tracing their frames with my finger until a picture caught my eye.
It was a picture of Mike, Dustin and Lucas, with another boy.
Elevens breath caught in her throat, she looked up at me and I recognised the look in her eyes.
Mike looked at her intensely as she pointed at the unnamed boy.

"You know Will?" He asked, then looked at me, "Did you see him? Last night? On the road?"
His tone was frantic, desperate to find out more about his friend.
I opened my mouth to talk but was interrupted by the sound of a car pulling in.
Mike shot up, grabbing El's hand.

"We gotta go." He rushed out the door, Eleven following his grip, I shook my head and attempted to transport downstairs to the basement, stressed at the thought of someone catching us.

"Meet you there." I whispered to them as made there way down the stairs.
Transporting was strange. Every time I did it, I was brought back to the memories of the lab. Endless testing, suffocating in tiny spaces, attempting to escape or trying to endure the pain of my body warping through the universe.
You have to keep your entire mind focused on your destination, the slightest slip and you end up miles away.
I fought the flashes of my time there, struggling to focus on the warm cubby that Mike had built for Eleven and I.

"Papa!" I screamed, my view of him lessening as I was dragged away by guards.
"Papa! Please!" My throat burned, exasperated and panicked I moved my body around, attempting to loosen their grip on my thin arms.
Today I had to transport myself into a locked room and use my mind to kill a rat. I refused and in return, I was receiving punishment.
The poor animals eyes begged me, it's nose twitched, one lab rat to another. I could not kill it.

It was raining, I felt the heavy droplets fall on my scalp, quickly soaking the clothes Mike had given me. I wasn't in the basement.
Two lights came towards me, I raised my hand in front of me.

Jonathan's point of view:

I was sick and tired of my dad's bullshit, how dare he question my moms parenting? Will was missing and he wouldn't even offer a helping hand. Too busy with his replacement bride and his 'city life'.
I drove furiously away from his house, the deafening bass of The Clash playing in my speakers.
It was raining, the sound of the droplets echoed my mood as I thought about my little brother. Will was good, he didn't deserve to not have a smile constantly on his face. I couldn't comprehend how he was right now. Alone. Scared out of his mind. He needed me.

I tried to bring my attention back to the road but the tape started to play up.

"Crap." I muttered, the mix couldn't break, it was Will's, he needed it.
I fiddled with the stereo turning the volume too loud.
I looked up for a second and saw a figure. White clothes, it looked like a ghost.