Chapter 1

I barely recall much of my childhood or the brief time I lived within the confines of the Colosseum. For me, my life began the day I met the one I called 'Father'.

The original Battle Wolf, living on in the dangerous Gourmet World, unknown to humanity. Having left the Colosseum behind at the age of 11, I stayed with him for a long time. Nearly 15 years. He cared for me as if I was his own pup, most likely because of my appearance and genetic makeup.

I started out as your average human. Orphaned when I was very young, the man my parents worked for used me as a sort of experiment. Gourmet Cells, mixed with the DNA of the legendary Battle Wolf, were forced into my body. Due to my bodily flexibility and not being fully grown, the DNA warped my body.

Most humans who look at me only see a beast.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Ah, everyone's here! Excellent!"

Eight figures turned from the table of food to look at Chief Mansom, who seemed unusually chipper despite it being early morning. Coco puts down his fork, addressing the large man.

"You called us here on such short notice, is there some sort of emergency?"

"Emergency....? Hmm... Not in the true sense, I suppose. An old friend of mine has returned from the Gourmet World, so I thought it only proper for you to meet him."

Sunny frowned, peering behind the man as if something was hiding there. Komatsu and Rin seemed excited, while Toriko continued eating with an curious eye on Mansom. Coco seemed surprised.

"I didn't foretell something like this..."

"I doubt you'd be able to. He's wild to the very core, and is highly unpredictable with his decisions. However, his behavior seems to have mellowed somewhat. Come with me, I'll show you to him. Oh, and bring that Bacchus Dragon with you. I don't think he's eaten since his return."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"So who exactly is this friend of yours? Going out to the White Forest just to meet them seems rather ridiculous."

"Hahaha! He refused to go back to 'where it all began'. My friend's name is Okamiryuu, or Oka for short. He's unique. He has Gourmet Cells, just like you four, Sunny, but he's also been changed with some of the Legendary Battle Wolf's genetics we gathered. The latter part has made him almost entirely reclusive from the Human World."

"A Battle Wolf with Gourmet Cells?"

Toriko looked to Terry, who simply flicked an ear in indifference. The group arrived at a large pool of water, which had steam rising from the top. The area was unusually devoid of beasts, especially since this was the most frequent area where they roamed.

"We're here."

Chief Mansom set down the Bacchus Dragon, sitting cross-legged upon a small hill overlooking the pool. The steam rising from the body of water curled upon itself, dancing above the still surface. Komatsu looked around, setting his backpack down upon the ground.

"I don't see anybody... Oh, could this be...! A Hot Pool!"

Mansom laughs, taking a drink of alcohol. Toriko kneels by the edge of the pool beside Komatsu, both clearly excited about the prospect of the pool's nature.

"A Hot Pool.... a pool so warm it's like a boiling kettle. It produces rocks at the bottom that are ground up and used in tea and spices."

"I wish I could some back with me, but they're nearly impossible to get to due to the water..."